HR20-700 Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks like there may only be a small number of us keeping up on these updates here , but that fine,.

Smith P.,
Thanks for your posts with the code in it, I like that type of stuff, just don't have the resorces and time to do it myself.

I'll catch ya at the next update !
Keep us posted ....

Running great so far, no problems to report !!!

Jimbo

Just curious, I'm an HR10 Tivo holdout.

Is the HR20 worth owning yet? By the amount of posts and bugs reported at dbsTalk, you'd think it was worthless. I don't have time to read the thousands of threads there,
So...does this thing do what its supposed to do yet? Record reliably? Tune in OTA reliably? Tune in satellite reliably?

i love my hr20's never had a problem but my neighbors have a hr20 that was swapped for hr10 everything works except hr20 wont dispay cid information no matter whats done eventhough the hr10 never had a problem with the on screen id

Id go for it, im think youll like the hr20.

Just curious, I'm an HR10 Tivo holdout.

Is the HR20 worth owning yet? By the amount of posts and bugs reported at dbsTalk, you'd think it was worthless. I don't have time to read the thousands of threads there,
So...does this thing do what its supposed to do yet? Record reliably? Tune in OTA reliably? Tune in satellite reliably?

billbillw,
You have to take into account that they have been posting info on the HR20-700 since the beginning and have kept up with all the updates as well.

I am greatful that they are doing it.
Also remember that they will never have everyone happy at the same time regardless ...

Jimbo

Sure they can, just give us a product with no bugs! (and have 2 buffers)

That may make you happy , but the guy down the road may not be happy ....
My HR20-700 works great, records everytime I want to record something, no bugs in the last ... since 115, and I had not had that bug until that version and now it is gone again , so I for one am happy with the unit, but I have had very few problems over all.

Jimbo

Just wondering, trying to keep up but is 0x012A the latest firmware for the HR20 or am I one/two behind ????? Currently that is the version that I am running.

Ok Thanks !!

Yes 12a is the latest, it went National last week so everyone should have it now.
It has been very stable and I have had NO problems with it, but then I've only had 1 that I can think of in a long time, My unit has been very stable over all :)

Jimbo

Yes 12a is the latest, it went National last week so everyone should have it now.
It has been very stable and I have had NO problems with it, but then I've only had 1 that I can think of in a long time, My unit has been very stable over all :)

Jimbo

Yes sir I agree,other than an occasional burp here and there,running good myself :clap

This new update really sucks for me. I've been one to have zero problems, but now I do. Guide freezes now and so does the list. Plus changing from HD to SD causes color issues, and trick play is now riddled with problems. Had to reset twice now, and the freezing is not as frequent, but the other issues still remain.

Can I roll back cuz this really blows now!

This new update really sucks for me. I've been one to have zero problems, but now I do. Guide freezes now and so does the list. Plus changing from HD to SD causes color issues, and trick play is now riddled with problems. Had to reset twice now, and the freezing is not as frequent, but the other issues still remain.

Can I roll back cuz this really blows now!

Hit the red reset button and when the first screen comes up hit 02468 on the remote and the last version will download.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)