HR20-700 wait list

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sstang7

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
northwest suburbs of Chicago
I was put on the priority wait list for the new HR20-700. I have been on the list for a week now. Does anyone know how long it has been taking to get the new HD DVR? I live in the northwest burbs of Chicago, if that make any difference....... Also, I had read about some HDMI issues with the new DVR. I have a Samsung HD tv, has anyone with a Samsung had problems with the HDMI or has it worked fine for you? It seems the HDMI issues are with certain types of TV's. Any thoughts?

My brother lives up in Antioch and he waited a month and a half for his, then they called and told him another month. He called back and they were able to shorten it to just one week. He is supposed to get it this Saturday.

I was put on the priority wait list for the new HR20-700. I have been on the list for a week now. Does anyone know how long it has been taking to get the new HD DVR? I live in the northwest burbs of Chicago, if that make any difference....... Also, I had read about some HDMI issues with the new DVR. I have a Samsung HD tv, has anyone with a Samsung had problems with the HDMI or has it worked fine for you? It seems the HDMI issues are with certain types of TV's. Any thoughts?

Have you looked at the local BB or CC ?
My local BB has two of them on the shelf, I guess it depends on how quickly you want one.
As for the HDMI, there have been issues with HDMI for years, it appears that some work and others don't, and I don't know what has been done to correct the problem.

Jimbo

Jimbos
They have them in the Toledo Stores?
Toledo doesn't even have LIL HD yet.

If this is so I would love to get one this week end. But my question is,
how would that work? I have talked to retention who says they will swap out my 10-250 for the HR20 for free. (charge me 49.00 and then credit me for the AT9)
Is there a way for me to go to BB or CC and buy one and get D* to credit me? And then come out and install the sat?

Or is this a phone call to D*?

Jimbos
They have them in the Toledo Stores?
Toledo doesn't even have LIL HD yet.

If this is so I would love to get one this week end. But my question is,
how would that work? I have talked to retention who says they will swap out my 10-250 for the HR20 for free. (charge me 49.00 and then credit me for the AT9)
Is there a way for me to go to BB or CC and buy one and get D* to credit me? And then come out and install the sat?

Or is this a phone call to D*?

Well, if you have already made negotiations with D* and you want to pick one up your self, they told me that they would NOT give me the credit we discussed, don't really understand why, but they said I was not buying from them , so no credit, I told them I WAS TRYING to buy from them,but they didn't have them, this was previous to the current situation, so I waited and ended up getting it a few days later when the contractor had them again. Presonally, I think the did have them, but they wanted to get rid of the HR10's first as the original one the installer brought in was the HR10 and I told him NO, thats not what I ordered and I did not want it, thats when we called D* and I called BB and was set to go pick it up and have him install it, but D* wanted to remove my credit.... I about cancelled .. then my installer said he would make good on it and told me he would find them in the warehouse and get one and install it over the w/e, it was a ling and trying w/e but he did come thru for me.

btw, the new store at Spring Meadows has at least one.
Thats at Airport and US 23 and Mc Cord

Here ya go :

Toledo Ii OH (Store 247)
1405 Spring Meadows Dr
Holland, OH 43528-9480
Phone: 419-867-6981
Hours: Mon-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm
Sun 11:00am-8:00pm

I would make sure you talk to D* first and verify to them that you want to buy it locally, stress to them it's only because they have them back ordered, maybe they will allow you to keep your arrangement.
Remember BB does not have the AT-9's, they still have to come from D* unless you buy one seperately

The local CC are currently out of them, just so you know

Jimbo

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)