Hr20-700 Will Not Play Back Ppv Recordings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cdr2000

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
Just Installed Hr20-700. When I Record A Ppv Movie, The Content Is Recorded And I Can Watch The Content In Real Time, But When I Try To Replay The Movie, I Get A Black Screen. This Only Occurs On Ppv Events . Other Content Records And Replays Normally. Has Anyone Experienced This Before. We Tried Reformating The Hard Drive, But The Problem Still Exists.
Cdr

Do you have a land based phone line connected to your DVR?. Since the billing
info is contained on your access card, it needs to "call home". The dvr will
download random PPV w/o ordering it, but needs a phone line to authorize recording.

The dvr will download random PPV w/o ordering it, but needs a phone line to authorize recording.

No random downloads are happening yet, not till later this year.
You do not need a phone line plugged in IF you don't use your remote to order your PPV's. Order online or over the phone works too.

Jimbo

Just Installed Hr20-700. When I Record A Ppv Movie, The Content Is Recorded And I Can Watch The Content In Real Time, But When I Try To Replay The Movie, I Get A Black Screen. This Only Occurs On Ppv Events . Other Content Records And Replays Normally. Has Anyone Experienced This Before. We Tried Reformating The Hard Drive, But The Problem Still Exists.
Cdr

Did you order with the remote or online?

HR20 will not replay ppv

I bought the movies on-line. They recorded, but will not play back. The info banner and time line are displayed for a second, then the screen goes black.:mad:

No random downloads are happening yet, not till later this year.
You do not need a phone line plugged in IF you don't use your remote to order your PPV's. Order online or over the phone works too.

Jimbo
Since the OP has not responded to my original question on whether or not he
has a phone line connection, my post stands as it is...The R15 and HR20 work differently than other D* receivers/dvrs. They allow you to record a ppv without paying for it at that time. You are charged for it when you watch it. The order info
is stored on the access card. I wonder if the OP has been charged for it yet??
This may be a fault in the order process...I wonder what happens if you have a mix in receivers/boxes??(I.E. say you have several HR-20's and order on-line...
will you pay several times for the same movie as you watch them on differant
boxes?) You MUST have a phone connection for PPV as far as the R-15 or HR20
goes..

You MUST have a phone connection for PPV as far as the R-15 or HR20 goes..
I have not heard this, I suppose it could be true, but that would be going backwards if thats the case.
I don't order PPV's so I can't say for sure.

I do know that you do NOT need the phone line plugged in in order to order over the phone or online, as the billing would already be taken care of.
Last word I know of, you DID need the line plugged in for remote ordering, because as you said, the info is stored on the Access Card.

I also did not know you could order a PPV and watch it later (is that what your saying, the DVR stores it? )

Jimbo

I also did not know you could order a PPV and watch it later (is that what your saying, the DVR stores it? )

Jimbo[/QUOTE--------------
Yes with the R-15 and HR-20 you can record a PPV and not pay for it until you
watch it...I don't think the HR20 will give you a date upon which it will be deleted
(which is a source of complaints) without viewing, but the R-15 does.

I have been charged for the movie. I ordered the movie via the internet. I do have a telephone line connected to the HR20. I spoke with D* regarding the situation, and no one could guess what the problem might be. As I mentioned, there is no problem seeing the movie in real time. It is only playback that is a problem.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)