HR20 and Current Multiswitch?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Happy Camper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Central Texas
We currently have a 3 LNB dish hooked to a Terk 5x8 multiswitch. We are getting a new 5 LNB dish next month, and an HR20. The HR20 will go in the slot where my present HR10-250 is now, and the HR10-250 will move to the home theater. All locations have two RG6 sat cables already wired and are hooked to the multiswitch. I'm hoping all he has to do is hook the new dish in to the existing switch, and connect the HR20 to the two SAT and one antenna wires. None of my wires are diplexed.

Does anyone know if any additions or changes need to be made to hook up the new dish and HR20? Will my current wiring and multiswitch work?

Thanks.

You cannot use any older multiswitch with the new AT9 dish. You will need the Zinwell 6x8 which is supplied for free with your install. Reason is that the Zinwell is the only one that can work with the KA sats.

Thanks, guys, for your help. Do you suppose I should contact D* and tell them to make sure the D* install guy comes out with the new switch, or is it something all the guys autimatically carry?

Thanks, guys, for your help. Do you suppose I should contact D* and tell them to make sure the D* install guy comes out with the new switch, or is it something all the guys autimatically carry?

If you want to be safe, call and make sure it's on the install order. Chances are the guy will have one in the truck but if it's not on the install order he may not have one for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts