HR20 and Message 712 (Searching for Sat)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TulsaCoker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
Tulsa, Ok
Has anyone had issues with the HR20 searching for sat signal on very select channels?. Had the HR20-100 and it only did that on the Local HD where I would get one out of the four networks and it would be different each time. Talked to D* and they sent out a replacement HR20-700 and everything was fine for a couple of days then went to HGTV and it gave me the same message? I know the wiring and connections are fine (even hooked up the H20 and everything was good. Anyone else having these issues?

Has anyone had issues with the HR20 searching for sat signal on very select channels?. Had the HR20-100 and it only did that on the Local HD where I would get one out of the four networks and it would be different each time. Talked to D* and they sent out a replacement HR20-700 and everything was fine for a couple of days then went to HGTV and it gave me the same message? I know the wiring and connections are fine (even hooked up the H20 and everything was good. Anyone else having these issues?

When tou said Local channels :
are your locals OTA ?
Delivered by D*, if so Mpeg 2 or Mpeg 4 ?

What are your signal strengths look like ?

Jimbo

Locals in Mpeg4. I assume strength is good since I hook up my bedroom H20 in the living room and the Local HD channels came in fine.

If they had actually brought the right receiver for my install on Monday I might. Oh wait, but since they installed the new dish, I now get searching for satellite on ALL my receivers.

I had that problem on and off for about 6 months with my setup. Around two months ago it went away and has been gone. At that time I was downloading lost of the test software - hoping for a fix, and got the SWM switch trial.

Since the SWM it has not shown up - but I'm not 100% sure if that fixed it or not. Some speculated the switch may have been putting out voltage flucations or something. The new switch with power inserter has been better.

If the receiver replacement doesn't change it, it may be a bad switch or lnb.

I have 3 HR20s - and had the same problem on all 3.

If they had actually brought the right receiver for my install on Monday I might. Oh wait, but since they installed the new dish, I now get searching for satellite on ALL my receivers.

Either they receivers were not configured correctly for the new dish (depending upon what type you got), the dish is pointed incorrectly, or the cables were not hooked up at the multiswitch/ground block.

I would call D* back and have them come out and fix it.

They did and all the tech ended up doing is calling D* and they reauthorized my programming. I know it's not the dish or connections since my other receiver (H20) works perfectly. Also when the HR was doing this I pluged the H20 from my bedroom and connected it to where the HR is and all the local HD channels from D* showed up fine. I guess I was just wondering if other have had problems with the HR doing this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts