HR20 and ST Lockups

Status
Please reply by conversation.

itherrkr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
Nampa, ID
Intermittently throughout the year when watching ST channels, my HR20, it just locks up. Today, however, it is maddening. I can watch a channel and if I change to another, especially from a SD to an HD channel (since bronco game is not in HD), either I cannot change any channels, the menu won't go away, no buttons on remote will work, etc. I have rebooted the receiver like 5 times today. Anyone else have any issues like this?

I have had absolutley NO problems with the ST this year.

Have you called them to look at it, they probably will replace the unit and be done with it.

Jimbo

This happens to me sometimes. I just leave it sit and in about 30 seconds everything works again. No need to reboot just wait it out.

This happens to me sometimes. I just leave it sit and in about 30 seconds everything works again. No need to reboot just wait it out.

But it should not happen in the first place.
Mine is working perfectly for the first time in a long time, don't get me wrong, I like it very well, buit I use to have audio studder after moving to live programming for a few seconds, now that is cleared up as well, and my Caller ID seems to be working again, don't know if it's consistantly working, but it is working, thats the only issue I have at the moment.

Jimbo

Intermittently throughout the year when watching ST channels, my HR20, it just locks up. Today, however, it is maddening. I can watch a channel and if I change to another, especially from a SD to an HD channel (since bronco game is not in HD), either I cannot change any channels, the menu won't go away, no buttons on remote will work, etc. I have rebooted the receiver like 5 times today. Anyone else have any issues like this?

Two of my HR20s locked up yesterday, most Sundays it's only one of them. When the games are over and I forget to change channels is when it usually happens. Yesterday one locked up while I was watching the game. It never happens on any other day of the week.

This happened to me repeatedly this past year as well with my HR20-700. To avoid it I had just watch just the HD ST games and avoid watching the SD games. If I had to watch an SD game on ST, I tried to avoid changing the channel directly to an HD ST game . It seemed to help and reduce the chance of a lock-up when I when from an SD ST game to an HD game on my local channel, and then change to an HD ST game.

It really pissed my off. I'm kinda glad that I wasn't the only one who had this same problem.

Good news: The season is now over, and next year they'll all be in HD on MPEG 4 channels - which should work much better.

I think some of the problems come from the interactive content, and using MPEG4 should allow the unit to better handle it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.