New Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dmann304

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Is DirectTV Done for awhile with HD channel addins?

Its been over a month since channels were addad.

IS this it? FX was the last one added back in November whats the deal?

The last one i got was 627-1 and 621 which is MSG and the MSG alternate for Sabres games. Got them last week.

Comedy Central, E!.
I think those are channels that are missing on HD.

Well I would love to see E! more than anything and Comedy Central in HD, even if the shows aren't in HD yet, it be a nice upgrade and it would improve the channels quality.
I think there are few more like MTV 2 and MTV 1 not in HD..I may be wrong.

Well Dtv then better deliver those and more to make up for the promised 100 channels by year's end! :D

How many Non HD channels on D* do you watch ?

The only ones I have found lately is Comedy channel yesterday and TV Land from time to time.
ESPN's to mpeg4 would be my biggest wish

Jimbo

None! I'm an HD snob! :) Heck I don't even watch a movie even in the HD channels if it's not true HD and widescreen. Pisses me off when Showtime HD shows movies on full screen (normally late at night) and not really HD.

Now in reality, though I have Dtv with all those HD channels I normally only watch shows on network tv! Very rarely a movie on the premium channels. Go figure! :)

Did they run inot a fork in the road cuz the momentum has slowed down since September. October and part of November were fine untel late.

They shows have to comply aswhell. i like Spike TV but don't like watching certain things in 4:3 when the channel is 16:9. black edges on the sides really blows.

There is not enough content in HD yet too.

HD is slow as hell when getting it out.

None! I'm an HD snob! :) Heck I don't even watch a movie even in the HD channels if it's not true HD and widescreen. Pisses me off when Showtime HD shows movies on full screen (normally late at night) and not really HD.

Now in reality, though I have Dtv with all those HD channels I normally only watch shows on network tv! Very rarely a movie on the premium channels. Go figure! :)

Thats not all that strange.
I will watch pretty much HD only.
Once the Christmas / New Year break is ove and the normal shows start back up (writers strike aside) I will be back to watching mostly OTA channels as well, other than ESPN's.
Hardly ever watch movies ....

Jimbo

Did they run inot a fork in the road cuz the momentum has slowed down since September. October and part of November were fine untel late.

They shows have to comply aswhell. i like Spike TV but don't like watching certain things in 4:3 when the channel is 16:9. black edges on the sides really blows.

There is not enough content in HD yet too.

HD is slow as hell when getting it out.

The network has to produce the shows in HD before you will see it.

Jimbo

Well since the NFL season is over do you think D* will put the ESPN, ESPN2, and TNT(not that TNT matters as much) to MPEG 4?

There are a few HD channels available which we don't get:

Wealth TV
Hallmark Movie Channel

Supposedly Tennis Channel will go HD on 12/31. Several others should be adding HD in the next few months (Disney, Toon Disney, ABC Family plus some more I don't remember).

Channels that exist that are not yet carried

AMC
Fuse
IFC
Lifetime Movie Channel
Mojo
Outdoor Channel 2
RFD
Voom - 15 channel suite
WE
Wealth TV
WGN Superstation

-b

I watch more movies than anything else so TCM still gets a lot of use. I like to see things in HD but I love a good movie. TCM in HD soon I hope.

Status
Please reply by conversation.