Espn Hd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HD#1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Los Angeles
Okay does anyone have any idea when this channel is going to move to MPEG4 after watching Patriots game tonight the College game looked horrible

I am ashamed to say that Comcast ESPN HD is night and day better then what DTV offers. Nothing like having people over and watching ESPN - kind of embarrassing. DTV should step up to the plate and fix these old MP2 channels.

Okay does anyone have any idea when this channel is going to move to MPEG4 after watching Patriots game tonight the College game looked horrible
Honestly I think the NFL Network is nothing to write home about either. Granted its superior to ESPN and NBC, but I see no reason as to why it can't use 720p like Fox does, which in my opinion produces the best PQ for fast NFL action. I'm not a big fan of 1080i sports.. except maybe for baseball since there isn't constant fast action going on.

Honestly I think the NFL Network is nothing to write home about either. Granted its superior to ESPN and NBC, but I see no reason as to why it can't use 720p like Fox does, which in my opinion produces the best PQ for fast NFL action. I'm not a big fan of 1080i sports.. except maybe for baseball since there isn't constant fast action going on.

ESPN IS 720p as is ABC and FOX ...

Jimbo

I don't have much trouble with ESPN looking bad, Do you guy's let the TV do the processing or the D* box ?

I use the TV processing most of them look great, 60" Pioneer Elite !

Jimbo

Last edited:
ESPN IS 720p as is ABC and FOX ...

Jimbo
I know that.. but it doesn't change the fact that ESPN looks horrible in relation to those 2. I was speaking as a more general statement that I prefer 720p over 1080i for sports.

I dont think its my TV because all the MPEG 4 channels come in great it is just the old HD channels? The only channel that are up par is Universal HD and HDNet channels the other old channels including HBO and Showtime dont look as sharp or clear.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)