HR20 - DTV or other vendors

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sdhoward

Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
I am trying to weigh the pros/cons of just purchasing the $299 upgrade from DTV vs purchasing the same unit from an internet vendor. Support is the main issue that comes to mind. Can anyone give me some input? I can save around $50 but that is not a large amount of cash if there are major gotchas.

Have you tried the old "I'm calling to cancel, I'm moving to cable where they don't make me pay $300 for equipment upgrades every two years" line with customer service?

Yep, she felt me but couldn't reach me.
Any other advice as far as buying from internet vendors "brand new" HR20? vs DTV.
Personally, I'm a bit uncomfortable not buying from DTV but maybe that's their plan...
thx

I know this isn't what you're looking for, but I'd try to call back again and talk to someone else. The way they've been lately, if you even hint that you're unhappy and/or might leave, they'll give you one for free (took me less than 3 minutes and no arguing).

Make sure you say "cancel service" when you get the auto-attendant so you get to the retention dept.

I took your advice and they still said sorry. I think it is because I came over from Dish 4 months ago and they know I won't want to pay the early term fees.
I think I'm just going to pick one up off of Amazon (through a DTV dealer) brand new for $250 delivered. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

thanks though...

I took your advice and they still said sorry. I think it is because I came over from Dish 4 months ago and they know I won't want to pay the early term fees.
I think I'm just going to pick one up off of Amazon (through a DTV dealer) brand new for $250 delivered. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

thanks though...

Up to you, but many people have had to try several times to get the right person... I was only with D* 4 months as well (from cable) and they gave it to me on my first call for $20 shipping.

You are not buying anything in any case, but paying the "Lease Upgrade Fee."

You can actually "buy" an HR20 from D* for about $750.

Since you are leasing, the support will come from D* in any case.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts