HR20 DVR Guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sat Chaser

Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
Piedmont, AL
I have noticed that there seems to be a bug in the guide for the HR20. If you are in the detailed guide and enter a channel number (to see what is showing on that channel) then hit select the tuner selects the highlighted channel and displays it full screen rather than going to the channel entered in the number pad. To preview a channel in the guide by entering a channel number you must enter the channel number and then wait for the guide to update to that channel (highlight) before you can preview programming or go to the selected channel.

I also have a H20 and if you are in the guide and enter channel number then press select you can preview the channel info without going to the channel broadcast or waiting for the guide to update on it's on (not pressing select).

I would also like to see a feature on the HR20 DVR which would allow you to select future programs to view (rather than record) like you can in the H@0 (the wife figures some male designed the guide on the HR20 since in her words, "It's male logic and makes no sense". I may have to agree with her.

Sat Chaser said:
I have noticed that there seems to be a bug in the guide for the HR20. If you are in the detailed guide and enter a channel number (to see what is showing on that channel) then hit select the tuner selects the highlighted channel and displays it full screen rather than going to the channel entered in the number pad. To preview a channel in the guide by entering a channel number you must enter the channel number and then wait for the guide to update to that channel (highlight) before you can preview programming or go to the selected channel.

I also have a H20 and if you are in the guide and enter channel number then press select you can preview the channel info without going to the channel broadcast or waiting for the guide to update on it's on (not pressing select).

I would also like to see a feature on the HR20 DVR which would allow you to select future programs to view (rather than record) like you can in the H@0 (the wife figures some male designed the guide on the HR20 since in her words, "It's male logic and makes no sense". I may have to agree with her.
I have noticed the same annoying things. I guess it is because I got used to the H20.

Sat Chaser said:

Huh? You mean set it up to tune to a channel but not record? What's the point, it's a DVR.

bonscott87 said:
Huh? You mean set it up to tune to a channel but not record? What's the point, it's a DVR.

Yeah but, it is also a receiver which we use to watch broadcasts that we don't want to record! I don't think it would be to annoying to have a choice of whether to record or to schedule for viewing.

Just my opinion.

If you type in 3 numbers and wait a few seconds (don't hit select/ok), the guide will reposition. If you type in 4 numbers (leading 0), the guide will immediately reposition to that channel number. :flag:

I don't have an HR20, yet, but have also thought that being able to tune to a future broadcast without recording it would be a nice feature on my HR10. I know that "it's a DVR", but sometimes there are shows that I'd be interested in watching if I happen to have the TV on at that time, but not so interested that I want to record it.

For example, this happens a lot with live sporting events - e.g., there is an upcoming college football game that would be fun to watch if I'm in front of the TV when it's on, but I don't want to record (it's not quite interesting enough that I'd watch the recording).

wisem10 said:
I don't have an HR20, yet, but have also thought that being able to tune to a future broadcast without recording it would be a nice feature on my HR10. I know that "it's a DVR", but sometimes there are shows that I'd be interested in watching if I happen to have the TV on at that time, but not so interested that I want to record it.

For example, this happens a lot with live sporting events - e.g., there is an upcoming college football game that would be fun to watch if I'm in front of the TV when it's on, but I don't want to record (it's not quite interesting enough that I'd watch the recording).
This is a funtion that the H-10 had.
Why not set it to record and erase it if you don't want to watch it, at least that way it would be there.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Jimbos said:
This is a funtion that the H-10 had.
Why not set it to record and esase it if you don't want to watch it, at least that way it would be there.

Jimbo

Heck, the D10s have that, surprising it isn't on the H(R)20s.

Are you sure they don't have it? In my d10, you hit Menu, Settings, then Scheduler, and in the guide, you can hit Select on a upcoming show, and it has Autotune selection on the left.

damaged said:
Heck, the D10s have that, surprising it isn't on the H(R)20s.

Are you sure they don't have it? In my d10, you hit Menu, Settings, then Scheduler, and in the guide, you can hit Select on a upcoming show, and it has Autotune selection on the left.
Amazingly, you cannot do that ...
I checked the route you mentioned, just to be sure andit goes thru the same options you have and when it gets to the point of selecting the autotune funtion,autotune is not there and it says select to record ....
Does your d10 have the mini guide ?
If so , you can use themini guide and go to the channel you want to record and hit info and the record option is right there as well. You can probably do your auto tune the same way as well.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Amazingly, you cannot do that ...
I checked the route you mentioned, just to be sure andit goes thru the same options you have and when it gets to the point of selecting the autotune funtion,autotune is not there and it says select to record ....
Does your d10 have the mini guide ?
If so , you can use themini guide and go to the channel you want to record and hit info and the record option is right there as well. You can probably do your auto tune the same way as well.

Jimbo

No miniguide, though we do have the same remote layout with the button that would be used for the miniguide (the blue one) it has no miniguide functionality. :(

damaged said:
No miniguide, though we do have the same remote layout with the button that would be used for the miniguide (the blue one) it has no miniguide functionality. :(
Too bad, I love that feature , use it all the time :)

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts