HR20 Features

Status
Please reply by conversation.
charper1 said:
Meaning not with different / separate tuned programming right? Because I know the older HD units I have; all the outputs are "hot" at the same time, but only with the same programming selection.

Your right, there would be no way to switch channels seperately.

I just thought PIP would be something thrown in and common place on a high end receiver. Hard to buy into the fact it would add a huge amount to the cost.

Still trying to digest paying $ up front for a receiver then a monthly lease fee. We should be getting more from this receiver.

All my gear is so "old" I have never been on the lease deal but I do pay mirror fees for #2 - #5. Please give me your explanation; from all the reading here, I thought that "lease fee" was just a silly re-wording from mirror fee. Are they still 2 separate fees? If I buy a HR20 from ValueElectronic here, do I still pay one fee, or both fees?

As far as a D* receiver of any type that could send out two independently controlled outputs, there was only one I can think of... the Philips multi-room receiver. I believe D* withdrew it from service as a big flop over a year ago, though there are still some of the units out there today.

charper1 said:
All my gear is so "old" I have never been on the lease deal but I do pay mirror fees for #2 - #5. Please give me your explanation; from all the reading here, I thought that "lease fee" was just a silly re-wording from mirror fee. Are they still 2 separate fees? If I buy a HR20 from ValueElectronic here, do I still pay one fee, or both fees?

With the new lease program I think lease\mirror fee is the same.

I'm comparing it to COX Communications where in order to view "Premium channels" a receiver is required, thus they charge a fee to rent\lease that receiver. At least they wouldn't charge someone $399 etc...

I might be wording it wrong, but I was just referring to the fact even a D* provided receiver (HD, DVR) we must first pay an upfront fee and pay more money monthly. Why is that?

charper1 said:
but with cable you ALWAYS send that box back and you keep the DBS box right?

There is only 1 box to worry about, but yes you must send that back if you choose another provider. So essentially your renting it.

vgsantiago said:
There is only 1 box to worry about, but yes you must send that back if you choose another provider. So essentially your renting it.

So you don't need a box at every TV?

charper1 said:
So you don't need a box at every TV?

Only if you want to watch (Premium channels, PPV, VOD) on that televison.

For example when I was with them, my kids rooms did not have a box. no need for them to watch that stuff. But they got their "Cartoon Network, Nick, etc...)

charper1 said:
So what is the cable box fee each or per TV?

SD or SD-DVR Receiver=$4.00 per TV
HD Receiver or HD-DVR Receiver=$9.95 per TV

Also add $9.95 for DVR service.

THese are per month costs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.