HR20 HDMI gone bad?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcwebman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Spring, TX
I have been using HDMI from my HR20 to my receiver for over a month with no problems. Today I ran component cables from the HR20 to a second TV and that worked great. I don't know if it's out of coincidence or not, but now the HDMI doesn't work at all on the HR20.

I took another HDMI cable that I know is good and ran that from the HR20 directly to the TV and it still doesn't recognize any signal. I even unplugged the component cables just to make sure they weren't conflicting. So basically I now have no HDMI output on the HR20.

Does it sound like it's gone bad and has anybody else had this problem?

I have been using HDMI from my HR20 to my receiver for over a month with no problems. Today I ran component cables from the HR20 to a second TV and that worked great. I don't know if it's out of coincidence or not, but now the HDMI doesn't work at all on the HR20.

I took another HDMI cable that I know is good and ran that from the HR20 directly to the TV and it still doesn't recognize any signal. I even unplugged the component cables just to make sure they weren't conflicting. So basically I now have no HDMI output on the HR20.

Does it sound like it's gone bad and has anybody else had this problem?

That is weird. What television do you have? I have heard that some have issues with compatibility with hdmi. Also, you might try a reboot, through the menu, though. Don't use the red button unless you have no other choice.

That is weird. What television do you have? I have heard that some have issues with compatibility with hdmi. Also, you might try a reboot, through the menu, though. Don't use the red button unless you have no other choice.

dcwebman,
That would be a HDMI specific problem your referring to, not specifically to the HR20, there have been HDMI issues with all kinds of equipment.

I would try removing the HDMI and reconnecting it, as I recall it was a connection problem.

Jimbo

I have tried connecting/reconnecting multiple times with the cable I had there and another cable which I know is good.

I did a reset with the red button but not the menu. I'll try that.

The television is a brand new Samsung 40" LCD that has 3 HDMI inputs so I doubt that there's an HDMI problem with the TV. When I tried connecting directly to the TV instead of the receiver, I did use two different HDMI inputs.

I'm having an HR20 coming on the 28th to replace my HR10-250 so worse case I'll just tell them to bring another to replace this "defective" one.

I did the reset everything and the problem still continues. The weird thing is that the component works fine but when the HDMI is hooked to the receiver, as soon as I switch to that input, the component output dies. When using just the TV, it won't even recognize that the HDMI is plugged in. Plugging the HDMI into another input in the receiver doesn't change anything and I proved that the HR10-250 HDMI input works fine in every input of the receiver. It's got to be a bad HDMI port in the HR20.

It's got to be a bad HDMI port in the HR20.

I wasn't trying to tell you anything other than the HDMI connections itself have been suseptable in a variety of electronic applications, nothing specific to your TV or the HR20.

When I started hearing about HDMI problem , I decided to just go with the Component connections and have been very happy with them.

Jimbo

There have been some compatibility issues with some equipment. It sounds like your television is one of them. Try a google search with the model number and see what you get.

Well I called D* and should be receiving a replacement HR20 today. I'll know for sure then if it is the HDMI port or not.

That's a shame about HDMI ports in general. I bought this new receiver specifically because it supported multiple HDMI ports and could output every signal with just one HDMI cable to the TV. It doesn't have enough component inputs to support all my stuff so I just hope the HDMI is it and stays working.

This is sort of off topic, but I seem to be having problems with the component connection on my HR-20 that I just bought 2 weeks ago.

On some scenes, HD or SD, you can see a line scrolling from the bottom of the screen to the top. Sometimes it's dark colored..other times it is sort of pink. Anyone else have this problem or know what I could do to fix it?

Thanks

Not sure if this applies to your situation or not, but I've found out the hard way to make sure the HR20 is turned off when plugging/unplugging the HDMI.

When I've left it on, 80% of the time when I pull & reinsert the HDMI, I get no output until I turn the receiver off then back on.

So I've gotten in the habit of just turning it off until all the lights go out, and then doing it, so far it has proven 100%.

Hope this helps

Not sure if this applies to your situation or not, but I've found out the hard way to make sure the HR20 is turned off when plugging/unplugging the HDMI.
Thanks for that tip. I just received the replacement receiver and haven't hooked it up yet. When I do, I'll make sure I do that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)