HR20 / HR21 / HR22 / R22 CE Release 8/29 0x0271

HR21-100 with a Samsung PN50A650 Plasma... According to the Miscellaneous Options it supports 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p/24, 1080p/30, 1080p/60. But when I try to enable 1080p in the HDTV setting, I get a flickering picture and then no video.

UPDATE: I bypassed my AV receiver (Denon AVR-2807) and 1080p now works...the Denon is supposed to fully support 1080p/24/60 but in this case something is wrong. Does anyone have the same AV receiver and can tell me what you are experiencing?

Last edited:
Downloaded. My favorites got wiped but at least 24-1 WEDHDT is a channel option. Wasnt showing on my HR20 until last night. Its a new OTA channel that just went live this week in the Hartford market.

I have a HR21-700 and have a Panasonic 42" Plasma that supports 1080p. When I go to setting and select HDTV and set the resolution to 1080 enable the screen shrinks to the upper left and is smaller and says my tv doesn't support 1080p.

Please help. I assume the 1080p is only for downloaded content?

DJ Rob I am having the same problem with my Denon 3808CI receiver. Taking it out of the loop my HR20 has no problem displaying 1080p/24. It looks like they are going to have to fix the hdmi handshake issues we still have with our receivers in the upcoming CE releases.

Downloaded. My favorites got wiped but at least 24-1 WEDHDT is a channel option. Wasnt showing on my HR20 until last night. Its a new OTA channel that just went live this week in the Hartford market.

I got 24-1 to show by resetting my local channels.

Failed to mention on mine, that I am running an HDMI cable straight from the HR21 to the TV.

Also you guys keep saying 1080/24. What are you talking about?

I have a HR21-700 and have a Panasonic 42" Plasma that supports 1080p. When I go to setting and select HDTV and set the resolution to 1080 enable the screen shrinks to the upper left and is smaller and says my tv doesn't support 1080p.

Please help. I assume the 1080p is only for downloaded content?

What model? My 85u took a couple of tries, then i just hit info to confirm it, its kinda buggy.

Failed to mention on mine, that I am running an HDMI cable straight from the HR21 to the TV.

Also you guys keep saying 1080/24. What are you talking about?

1080p/24fps. Some tv's do not support 1080p/24 and need a 1080p/60.

It is a Panasonic 42PZ700U.

I did hit info and it took the setting, but when I watched bucket list, it was only at the upper left hand side.

Thanks!

Sure love what DTV and this site is doing for everyone.

DJ Rob I am having the same problem with my Denon 3808CI receiver. Taking it out of the loop my HR20 has no problem displaying 1080p/24. It looks like they are going to have to fix the hdmi handshake issues we still have with our receivers in the upcoming CE releases.

Yep, I confirmed that my Denon receiver supports 1080p/24 so it's an issue with the HDMI handshake from the HR21. There's a lot of us that have these Denon's and an 1080p monitor so it's good that we caught something for the good people at Directv to work on before this release goes national. :D

My favorites were not affected.

My guide and menus are much faster, good job.

There appears to be a guide bug for me. When I start at channel 600, and work down thru the rsn's, upon getting to the 650's, the yellow bar that highlights the channel at the top of the guide screen disappears and stays missing till I move from the 600's to my OTA channels.

My favorites were not affected.

My guide and menus are much faster, good job.

There appears to be a guide bug for me. When I start at channel 600, and work down thru the rsn's, upon getting to the 650's, the yellow bar that highlights the channel at the top of the guide screen disappears and stays missing till I move from the 600's to my OTA channels.

I bet you were using the channel button to scroll page by page .....
It does it here as well.
However, I found that if you push the Up or Down arrow while in the guide, they yellow bar comes right back !
But yes this is a glitch of some sort.

Jimbo

Would have been nice if the release notes mentioned that the favorite channels lists would get bashed (HR20). Same thing happened to my H20 during last night's CE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)