HR20 / HR21 / HR22 / R22 CE Release 9/12

Jimbo, they've now put the report option under MENU/Parental, Fav's & Setup/Miscellaneous Options/Report

For anyone with ANY problems with a CE and the receiver is connected to the internet DirecTV wants you to please generate a report, and list the issue and the report ID here. For problems playing 1080p test they want the TV make and model and what resolutions the receiver says is supported, that's shown under the micellaneous options screen mentioned above.

Rad,
Thanks for the info ... I dl'ed the most recent CE last Friday.
When I go to the Misc. Options, I find "Playlist Sort and TV Supported Res. btw, it says it supports 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p/24, 1080p/60

However, there is no longer a "Report" tab, maybe they moved it again ?

Also, How about if we dedicate a spot in the CE section for these type of reports instead of being scattered, unless there is already one going that I may have missed.

Also, do you need to be playing the show that is giving you trouble when you submit the report, so they know what is happening ?

EDIT: Is this the thread for 1080p reports ?
DirecTV's 1080p via VoD

Jimbo

Jimbo, nope they didn't move it on the last CE. If it doesn't show up then the box thinks it doesn't have an internet connection. Check out the network settings in the network tab in the setup and try the test connection there to see if it connects OK.

As for where to report, I'd say report things in the thread for the CE your running but that's Jason's call.

Jimbo, nope they didn't move it on the last CE. If it doesn't show up then the box thinks it doesn't have an internet connection. Check out the network settings in the network tab in the setup and try the test connection there to see if it connects OK.

As for where to report, I'd say report things in the thread for the CE your running but that's Jason's call.

Thanks Rad,
I think I stumbled on to several things that needed looking into.
I went thru and checked connections and you were right, the internet was not connected at the time I tried it.
That is now working and the Report tab does show and I got my confirmation #.

I also founds I was having trouble with one of my phones in the house, worked on that and also probably figured out why I have had intermittant CID funtion of late, as it worked great after I fixed it. :D

Jimbo

HR20-100
HDMI
47PFL7422 Philips
Diagnostic #20080914-16c2

1080P works perfect here. Only issues are an occasional 5 second video jutter on all channels. Didn't have it until last weeks CE. Still have an occasional loss of audio on all non DD channels. I have to turn off the TV and cut it back on for it to return. Beside those, everything is pretty stable.

Jimbo, they've now put the report option under MENU/Parental, Fav's & Setup/Miscellaneous Options/Report

For anyone with ANY problems with a CE and the receiver is connected to the internet DirecTV wants you to please generate a report, and list the issue and the report ID here. For problems playing 1080p test they want the TV make and model and what resolutions the receiver says is supported, that's shown under the micellaneous options screen mentioned above.

Mine does not show miscellaneous options at all. It is a HR20-100. Ethernet is connected and has been tested. Can someone help so I can send a report?

• 05 - Send Diagnostics Report:
    requires IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword search to be enabled <--- Go to Menu > Search For Programs > KEYWORD > Enter IAMANEDGECUTTER > Select -It won't find anything but will enable the report option.-
    *** Network must be properly set up and working to use this feature ***

1. [*]Use the Menu+Info keys on the receiver to get to the Misc Options screen
      [*]Select the Report option
      [*]Click on Send
      [*]Wait for it to finish
      [*]You will receive a confirmation key in your response.
      *** Please include this key in any post you make in the issues thread ***
      [*]Please note that you can only send one report per 24 hours
      [*]If you do not have a network connection, you will not have this option

Thanks Xstation!

Report ID 20080914-198A
HR20-100
Supported resolutions - 480i, 480P, 720P, 1080i, 1080P 24, 30, and 60hz
TV - Mitsubishi WD-65732 DLP
Connection - HDMI

When testing 1080P I see just enough to press the info button. Playing back "The Bucket List", video is blinking on and off and audio coming when the picture is shown. Both LED's are on in front of the box. The TV does reconize 1080P on the screen. My computer is connected also on another input and it has no problems with 1080P resolution from it.

Report number 20080914-3f09
TV Misubishi WD-65731
Via Dennon AVR4306
Supported resoluionts - 480I, 480P,720P, 1080I, 1080P 24, 30,60
Connection HDMI to all devices

As noted, Black screen, no audio. Screen intermittantly flashes picture and audio sometimes. Other devices connected to it does 1080P with out any issues. Tested out the Bucket list and the bank job. both do the same.

Sometimes I get no pic at all, and Isolating the TV and the Dennon does nothing as both do the same.

R22 & H21 CE Release 9/12

Caller ID works on this weeks CE Releases!! My Caller now works on all my receivers running CE's, which are my R22-100 and my H21-100. My other H21-100 is not running a CE release, but I wish it was. Caller ID has not worked since I got my receivers, which was about July 2008. A very long time WITHOUT Caller ID working at all!!!

Thank you so much Directv !!

Turned on my HR20-700 today to watch the Cubs vs. Hou game recorded on 665 at 2pm.

It played a few seconds, I hit the skip button, (set for 30skip) and the receiver froze solid.

Tried buttons, waited a minute, nothing.

RBR and the recording is playing fine now.

20080915-B5E

Tv : Samsung HLS5087WX/XAA

Reported displays by the HR21-100 are 480i,480p,720p,1080i,1080p/60

still get the message your tv does not display directv's 1080p broadcast

REY_1178, does your TV support 1080p/24? If it doesn't, that's why Directv's 1080p won't work for you. It is only supports 1080p/24...that's what the chipset can support. It can't do 1080p/60 as far as I have been told by engineers that are familiar with their hardware. Maybe in the future they will build new receivers with 1080p/60hz support.

My newer samsung the hr21 claimes only 1080p/60 on the miss menu but i watch the two movies just fine. TV reports 1080p/24 on the info..

sill some bugs to be worked out..

REY_1178, does your TV support 1080p/24? If it doesn't, that's why Directv's 1080p won't work for you. It is only supports 1080p/24...that's what the chipset can support. It can't do 1080p/60 as far as I have been told by engineers that are familiar with their hardware. Maybe in the future they will build new receivers with 1080p/60hz support.

right now i'm displaying 1080i/60 so doesn't this mean the hr21 has the capability of displaying 60hz if right now it's doing it for 1080i?

My newer samsung the hr21 claimes only 1080p/60 on the miss menu but i watch the two movies just fine. TV reports 1080p/24 on the info..

sill some bugs to be worked out..

that's what i'm thinking and hoping.

This CE is more sluggish than the last one on both of my HR21-100's. 20% of the time the delay after hitting a button on the remote is 5 seconds or more. I've rebooted both and it doesn't seem to help.

This CE is more sluggish than the last one on both of my HR21-100's. 20% of the time the delay after hitting a button on the remote is 5 seconds or more. I've rebooted both and it doesn't seem to help.

were you recording something at the time? i've noticed when i'm downloading or recording the hr21 becomes sluggish like me after 5 burgers :D

were you recording something at the time? i've noticed when i'm downloading or recording the hr21 becomes sluggish like me after 5 burgers :D

It is worse when I'm recording but it seems to happen sometimes when I'm not. It's more like being slugish after a Thanksgiving dinner or a a couple 5x5's at In-N-Out burger :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)