HR20 / HR21 / HR22 / R22 CE Release 9/12

If that's the case, why is it that 1080p/60 listed on the Misc. Options screen ?

I know for a fact that my TV handles it, but the D* rec. doesn't your saying ?

Jimbo
The line says "TV-supported Resolutions", IIRC it was added to assist D* with figuring out what resolutions were being reported back by the TV to the DVR.

The line says "TV-supported Resolutions", IIRC it was added to assist D* with figuring out what resolutions were being reported back by the TV to the DVR.

Good point,
So it tells D* that MY set supports it, but not that their equipment handles it, wonder how their equipment knows that if they don't have the correct equipment onboard ?

Jimbo

Good point,
So it tells D* that MY set supports it, but not that their equipment handles it, wonder how their equipment knows that if they don't have the correct equipment onboard ?

Jimbo

Jimbo,

The HR2X just goes by what is reported back from your monitor (TV) via the HDMI connection when it handshakes and displays it on the Miscellaneous Option menu.

And if you want to watch 1080p/24 programming, you need a TV that can display that resolution or you can downres it in the HR2X HDTV settings to a lower resolution that your TV can support.

The HR2X hardware ONLY supports these outputs:
1080p/24 (alpha testing with CE)
1080i
720p
480p
480i

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts