HR20 / HR21 / HR22 / R22 CE Release 9/5

Downloaded it last night on my HR21-100. Everything looked okay until I deleted a recorded program in MY Playlist... but it still shows up in there. It won't go away. When I select it, it says it has been deleted. Guess it's time to reboot again to see if that fixes it.

Just finished downloading it on my HR20-100.

One thing that I find funny is that Directv still has the statement Just a few more seconds during the reboot. I guess it is just a few as there was about 480 seconds (8 minutes) before the reboot was completed.

Just noticed that I do not have a guide anymore. it only shows the channel that I am on. I guess I do have a guide but it only has one channel listed in it.

Edit: Just found out that it cleared my favorites list.

Just noticed that I do not have a guide anymore. it only shows the channel that I am on. I guess I do have a guide but it only has one channel listed in it.

Edit: Just found out that it cleared my favorites list.

Hmmmm, thats odd, I did not have that problem d/ling last night.

Jimbo

Does this update include 1080p for HR21? If so, I get the message that I didn't get before when attempting to watch The bucket list stating that it's available in 1080p and wants to check if my TV is capable. I do have a JVC 1080p TV but the message, after checking says "Sorry! This TV does not support DIRECTV's 1080p broadcast."

This is the 3rd week in a row with reports of lost favorites lists. Minority reports, but still something they'll want to eliminate before a national release.

Widgets are still in development, but no time estimate. They turned it off, which makes sense as we probably won't see any widget activity until the next cycle.

what about the 1080p issue jason? will they get this to work for tv's that don't support 1080p/24? right now the hr21 displays 1080i/60 so why couldn't they get this to work for 1080p/60?

what about the 1080p issue jason? will they get this to work for tv's that don't support 1080p/24? right now the hr21 displays 1080i/60 so why couldn't they get this to work for 1080p/60?

I thought that people have checked on the spec for the Broadcom chip used in the HR2X's and the best it can do is 1080p/24? I think the best they can do is to get the HDMI handshaking between the HD2X and the TV's working properly so you can view it on whatever set you have at the highest resolution that the HR2X will support to that set, maxing out at 1080p/24.

Downloaded it last night on my HR21-100. Everything looked okay until I deleted a recorded program in MY Playlist... but it still shows up in there. It won't go away. When I select it, it says it has been deleted. Guess it's time to reboot again to see if that fixes it.

Reboot fixed it and it was finally gone.

As for 1080p, it's still the same as the last release...it works great when my monitor is hooked up directly to the HR21. But there's still a handshake problem between the HR21 and my Denon AVR-2807 receiver.

I don't know much on the 1080p other than it needs lots of work, and they are working on it. It will be a while before we see 1080p outside of the CE program.

The drivers have only existed a few months, and they need to improve the divers, the software interfacing with the drivers, and then start isolating problems with certain TVs to get to a point that it works with most TVs before they can even think about a rollout.

One issue I have now is that every now and then I get a video jutter that last about 5 to 10 seconds on all channels. It even happens on the OTA channels thru my box. Has anyone else noticed this?? I am connected with HDMI, HR20-100, and a Philips 47PFL7422 LCD. I am still have issues with losing audio on non DD channels. I think it is a problem with my TV and the box when using HDMI. Using component cable I don't have the audio issue. I have to cut the TV off and back on and then the audio returns.

1080P problem

HR20-100, it downloaded fine. On 1080P The Bucket List, it comes in and out and has jitters at the bottom of the screen. I have a Mitsubishi WD-65732 DLP and it accepts 24, 30, and 60Hz at 1080P but I still have the problem. It finally blinked on and off enough that it popped my lamp (it was 2 years old anyway). I have a new lamp and hope they fix the problem. Has anyone else gone through this? Also, when it tested 1080P it blinked on and off also.

One problem I notice is that when I do a system test the network services test fails...

For the past few weeks my network services test failed after each CE, for several days. Then it would pass, and I'd have widgets and fortunes. Since the last CE, I've had no widgets or fortunes and can't pass the network services test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts