HR20 OTA being enabled now

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OTA is crucial to anyone wanting this thing. It will ALWAYS look better than satellite mpeg4 or not and there are many times when weather takes satellite signals OUT but not OTA.

That aside, it's good to have a backup either way.

Thanks everyone for your help, I will give it a try though I am in a valley with hills surrounding. I tried antennas in the back of my receiver to no avail.

My only fear is getting wiring from the outside to my downstairs set.

Thanks for the help

Is there an update on the rollout. Yesterday before I left town, checked my version and did not have the update - Cincinnati OH

That particular antenna should go a lot farther than 25 miles.

OK, I live 45 miles from Milwaukee, and roughly 50 miles from Chicago, I'd like to pick up both cities if possible, what would I need?

Also do I need a UHF, VHF, or both?

Thanks

OK, I live 45 miles from Milwaukee, and roughly 50 miles from Chicago, I'd like to pick up both cities if possible, what would I need?

Thanks

Go to antennaweb.org and input your address, not just your zip code. Then copy/paste the results into your reply. That will give us the info we need to give you antenna advice.

Thanks

Personally, I would go with both, and get a rotor while your at it, so you can change the antenna direction to pick up both cities.

Your distance should be no problem at all.

Jimbo

You are assuming that the ota tuner has an LG 5th generation chipset in it. The box isn't made by LG, so who knows who makes the tuner.

I thought there previously was going to be a 5th gen LG tuner chip in this box. Has that changed? Don't Samsung and others also have 5th gen chips?

I thought there previously was going to be a 5th gen LG tuner chip in this box. Has that changed? Don't Samsung and others also have 5th gen chips?

I would imagine that the chip is a 5th generation...
How does that change this situation ?
You still need to point the antenna in the correct direction, unless all towers are in the same area.

I can NOW get the Detroit market on my HR-20-700, it would not come in on my H-10 in the bedroom.
I was always able to get the Detroit market with my built in HD tuner in the Sony XBR.

Jimbo

Antenna help

Need some help when OTA is work.

DTV Antenna
Type Call Sign Channel Network City State Live
Date Compass
Orientation Miles
From Frequency
Assignment
red - uhf WUVG 34 UNI ATHENS GA 309° 21.7 34
blue - vhf WGTV 8 PBS ATHENS GA 258° 35.7 8
violet - uhf WHSG 63 TBN MONROE GA 246° 30.0 63
violet - vhf WSB 2 ABC ATLANTA GA 259° 48.5 2
violet - uhf WPXA 14 i ROME GA 296° 67.9 14
violet - vhf WAGA 5 FOX ATLANTA GA 262° 46.4

Need some help when OTA is work.

DTV Antenna
Type Call Sign Channel Network City State Live
Date Compass
Orientation Miles
From Frequency
Assignment
red - uhf WUVG 34 UNI ATHENS GA 309° 21.7 34
blue - vhf WGTV 8 PBS ATHENS GA 258° 35.7 8
violet - uhf WHSG 63 TBN MONROE GA 246° 30.0 63
violet - vhf WSB 2 ABC ATLANTA GA 259° 48.5 2
violet - uhf WPXA 14 i ROME GA 296° 67.9 14
violet - vhf WAGA 5 FOX ATLANTA GA 262° 46.4

These are all analog channels. no digitals...what's your zip code??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts