Status
Please reply by conversation.

shugo77

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 9, 2005
Heart of Dixie
Ok, so I haven't posted to these forums or even browsed for awhile, so I apologize if this is really old or annoys anybody, I tried searching but couldn't find any info about it, but....

I recently noticed my HR20 has the ability to record 3 channels at one time (1 Sat and 2 Off-Air). It can no longer record 2 Sat channels at once like it used to. If it is recording 1 Sat chanel it won't let me watch or record another Sat channel, but it can record one Sat channel and 2 off-air channels at the same time

My question is, when did this change happen, and can I reverse it? I'd really like to be able to record 2 Sat channels at the same time again.

NM about the 2 Sat channels at once, I just realized tuner 2 on my sat reciever appears to be dead, but I'm still curious about recording 3 channels at once....when did that update occur?

None of the D* recvrs have been able to record more than 2 at a time, since the On Demand stuff has come into play you can do that as well, so I suppose with the On Demand you could do three things.

Correct, NO D* receiver has ever been able to record more than 2 channel at once, whether either/both are OTA or sat.
You CAN record an internet stream, but that's the ONLY way to record a 3rd show.

I think the confusion as to how many channels could be recorded at one time started when the HR20 first came out. The manual said it could do three at once, but that was either a misprint or it was planned to be able to but never made it to production that way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts