HR20 recordings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckerD

Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Indianapolis
Before I move to direct tv from Dish I was wondering if you can record 2 shows plus a third from ota at the same time like I can with dish

To even have the option to record OTA you need the HR20. More than likely Direct will give you the HR21 which does not have an OTA tuner. I would try to find an HR20 if OTA is a big deal too you.

To even have the option to record OTA you need the HR20. More than likely Direct will give you the HR21 which does not have an OTA tuner. I would try to find an HR20 if OTA is a big deal too you.

truckerD,
If you are planning to use an OTA antenna for your locals, make sure you tell D* that information and they will more thanlikely accomadate you with the HR20.

Jimbo

or the am21 for the hr21 will be out soon. it addsota to the new hd dvr.

the original print of the hr20 manual indicated 2 sat recordings with an OTA recording, but it never came to fruition. just a fun fact at this point.

NO, you can record two items and watch another though.

Just activaed my HR20 yesterday. Do you mean I can record two shows and watch a third live program via OTA? Or do you mean I can record two shows and watch something previously recorded at the same time? I would love to figure out how to record, say, ESPN and TBS at the same time as I watch something on CBS OTA...

Just activaed my HR20 yesterday. Do you mean I can record two shows and watch a third live program via OTA?
You can watch a pre-recorded program. To watch a third live program requires that the programming bounce off the HDD and that is not supported.

Just activaed my HR20 yesterday. Do you mean I can record two shows and watch a third live program via OTA? Or do you mean I can record two shows and watch something previously recorded at the same time? I would love to figure out how to record, say, ESPN and TBS at the same time as I watch something on CBS OTA...

You can do this if your antenna is also split off and goes into your TV RF input.
Record the two shows and watch OTA on your TV input. :)

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)