HR20 RF Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lynskyn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Houston, Texas
I have an HR20 being "installed" next Saturday. I had read that it would come with an Infrared/RF remote, but when I look at the manual online, it says that it comes with an IR remote and that an RF remote/antenna kit is optional. Has anyone here gotten one yet who can tell me if that's the case? Thanks.

Lynskyn said:
I have an HR20 being "installed" next Saturday. I had read that it would come with an Infrared/RF remote, but when I look at the manual online, it says that it comes with an IR remote and that an RF remote/antenna kit is optional. Has anyone here gotten one yet who can tell me if that's the case? Thanks.
Here is a complete review of the HR20-700.
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=61862

Back in July Directv introduced some new remotes RC32 I think it was. Now all receivers are being packed out with IR remotes and the RF becomes an extra cost option. Even the H20 will lose it's RF remote and come with an IR.

Anyone know if the H20 RF remotes will work with the HR20? Also, according to the review, the RF antenna is built in to the HR20. If that's the case, then what is the "kit" for? Seems like all you would need was the remote. Thanks.

The HR20 comes with the RC24 remote.
The same one that came with the H20

There is no external antenna for the HR20, it is built in.

The new remote RC32RF is not available yet, but the RC32 (IR only) is.

The RC32Kit is intended for the R15 (or as a replacement for the H20)... it also is not available yet (the Kit is nothing more then the RC32RF and antenna)

ebonovic said:

The RC32Kit is intended for the R15 (or as a replacement for the H20)... it also is not available yet (the Kit is nothing more then the RC32RF and antenna)

Thanks for the reply - the online manual stating that it shipped with IR only is what was confusing me since I had read your review saying the RF remote was included.

Probably a stupid question but eh!

If i was to hook up the hr20 to my LR HDTV with component and run a DVI or HDMI(the other one) to my bedroom. I would then be able to watch in EITHER(the same show) and controll the box from anywhere. Is this right.

That would be a good enough whole house solution for me.
As long as DVI or the other one can run 30 ft.
Or could I piggyback the HR10-250 somehow?

ebonovic said:

Whats the differance between the RC24 and the RC32RF ?

Kentstater72 said:
Probably a stupid question but eh!

If i was to hook up the hr20 to my LR HDTV with component and run a DVI or HDMI(the other one) to my bedroom. I would then be able to watch in EITHER(the same show) and controll the box from anywhere. Is this right.

That would be a good enough whole house solution for me.
As long as DVI or the other one can run 30 ft.
Or could I piggyback the HR10-250 somehow?

That should work fine, the only caveat being that long runs of dvi can be problematic.

hdtvtechno said:
Whats the differance between the RC24 and the RC32RF ?

Physically, the buttons are a little larger and a little more spread out (nothing drastic).

Internally, it has a larger memory set, and a significantly updated controller database

Rc32rf

I ordered the RC32RF about ten days ago and got it last week. Just call a DIRECTV CSR and order it. Flat $25.00 charge. The "-k" kit that includes an antenna is not available yet. For rip-off prices ($19.95) some of the online satellite will sell you the RF antenna as a stand alone sale.

If you really need the antenna, find a friend who has the H20 but is using it with an IR remote. He'll have the spare antenna still buried in the packing material.

As an RF unit (you can also use it as an IR unit) the RC32RF works with both the H20 and the HR20. The H20 needs an external antenna, the HR20 apparently has an internal antenna.

The RC32RF *will* work as an RF remote with the R15 DVR soon. The R15 will require the external antenna be plugged in. Most importantly, the R15 is awaiting a software upgrade (download) to turn on the RF feature.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts