HR20 Stuttering Video

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
My in laws HR20 has an issue where it will just seem to go into like a slow motion mode while watching a recorder OR live program. Ive never seen this on mine, but it'll do it for a few seconds then catch kinda skip and be fine afterwards.

Wondering if its a drive issue since Ive never seen mine do it. Maybe a heat issue. Temp is 127.

mine does it to on occasion. Temp is 124*

Just figured it was a bug and that it would get worked out eventually.

My in laws HR20 has an issue where it will just seem to go into like a slow motion mode while watching a recorder OR live program. Ive never seen this on mine, but it'll do it for a few seconds then catch kinda skip and be fine afterwards.

Wondering if its a drive issue since Ive never seen mine do it. Maybe a heat issue. Temp is 127.

Did you try to reset it and see if that cleared it ?
127* is the high end of normal, any higher and I'd be looking into it, but you should be good at that temp,if you watch it occasionally you'll see that the temp varies often... right after a CE update mine is usually don around 105* and then picks back up, I have NO idea why, but happened to notice it one day.

Jimbo

Yeah, Ive reset it and it still comes and goes. Might see it three times in one day, might see it once in three days. Weird.

Yeah, Ive reset it and it still comes and goes. Might see it three times in one day, might see it once in three days. Weird.

ESPN2 has been stuttering actually thats not the rigth terminology, it has audio drop outs and pix. from time to time.
It will happen for a few days at a time and then it will go away and not happen for a week or so, I am hoping that it is D* makeing adjustments, but I don't know, I've already swapped out the unit and it worked great for quite awhile and now does this occasionally.

I will let things shake out for a while and address it later on, IF it continues.

Jimbo

Mine just started doing that earlier last week. A reset did not change anything.

It happens when I pause for a few mins, then hit play, then the video stutters, but the audio most of the time does not. I might lose audio for a few secs sometimes though.

It's even doing it now on my recorder shows.

Waiting for an update to maybe correct this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts