HR20 Tips, Facts and Features

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Season Pass limit

I tried to add a new season pass and get the message, "There is no room in the Prioritizer to schedule this request. You must delete an existing item to free space." There are 50 things in my Prioritizer, is that the limit for the number of season passes?
I don't know about everyone else but that just isn't enough.

I tried to add a new season pass and get the message, "There is no room in the Prioritizer to schedule this request. You must delete an existing item to free space." There are 50 things in my Prioritizer, is that the limit for the number of season passes?
I don't know about everyone else but that just isn't enough.

Yes, 50 is the current limit. This is a problem that many folks have told D* that they need to get fixed but so far hasn't.

Let's say I am watching a show right now and I am rewinding to replay back what I want to see again. How can I go back to Live mode?

HR20 will not finish booting

Brewer, not sure if this is where this belongs. For all those with HR20-700's with ethernet network cables (Not wireless, but may apply) hooked up. If you re-boot and cannot get passed the first screen searching for satellites.....Disconnect the ethernet cable and re-boot again with the cable unpluggged. I fought every boot up possibility for the last three days until I figured this out. I do not know why having a network cable connected is conflicting with the boot up process. The hr20-100 did not experience this problem. Jim

Brewer, not sure if this is where this belongs. For all those with HR20-700's with ethernet network cables (Not wireless, but may apply) hooked up. If you re-boot and cannot get passed the first screen searching for satellites.....Disconnect the ethernet cable and re-boot again with the cable unpluggged. I fought every boot up possibility for the last three days until I figured this out. I do not know why having a network cable connected is conflicting with the boot up process. The hr20-100 did not experience this problem. Jim

This is the first I have heard this one.
I have a wireless network set up and have never had a problem re booting my -700's

Jimbo

Hi, I am new to the forum. I am having a problem re:
Attached Files
pdf.gif
HD-DVR-PLUS-Tips-Tricks.pdf I am unable to open this document. Error message reads document can't be found.

I am new to DTV and the HR20-100. Does anyone know how to do the following:

1. Lock out channels that I do not want to see on the guide. (I think I saw that this is a longstanding rqst per a previous post.)
2. Do a search for all HD only movies. I found a trick on the 622 by inputting HD as the first search criteria, but does not seem to work on the HR20.

I have a feeling that the only search strategy that would accomplish what I'm trying to do would be to do it channel by channel. That seems time consuming but would get me the info.

Any idea if the favorites sub categories might get rearranged to allow adds/deletes by subscribers? For instance I have no idea why HDMovies will not populate under the Movies sub category.

I am new to DTV and the HR20-100. Does anyone know how to do the following:

1. Lock out channels that I do not want to see on the guide. (I think I saw that this is a longstanding rqst per a previous post.)
2. Do a search for all HD only movies. I found a trick on the 622 by inputting HD as the first search criteria, but does not seem to work on the HR20.

I have a feeling that the only search strategy that would accomplish what I'm trying to do would be to do it channel by channel. That seems time consuming but would get me the info.

Any idea if the favorites sub categories might get rearranged to allow adds/deletes by subscribers? For instance I have no idea why HDMovies will not populate under the Movies sub category.

1. This one is simple. Just set up favorites and only those will show in the guide.

2. A bit more complicated, but not much. Set up favorites with only hd channels in it. Then do a search for movies by pressing guide twice and selecting movies and events. Then it will show only hd movies (and some events).

I am upgrading from an H10-250 to H20-100S. I have a lot of good stuff I don't want to lose. How can I copy from H10 hard drive to h20 hard drive??
Thanks,
Jess

I am upgrading from an H10-250 to H20-100S. I have a lot of good stuff I don't want to lose. How can I copy from H10 hard drive to h20 hard drive??
Thanks,
Jess

You can't. You can copy to a dvd, but it will not be in hd. Sorry.

1. This one is simple. Just set up favorites and only those will show in the guide.

2. A bit more complicated, but not much. Set up favorites with only hd channels in it. Then do a search for movies by pressing guide twice and selecting movies and events. Then it will show only hd movies (and some events).

On 1. that's pretty much what I've done already. I guess what I was hoping for was being able to lock out channels that I don't ever want to see when I'm doing a search.

On 2. I think what you mean is just setting up a preferences list and moving forward in time using the guide. What I would like to do is use the SEARCH function more efficiently. It's just one of the things that I could do and did do a lot using the 622.

But actually I have come up with a reasonable work around for what I am trying to do. The HR20 lets you search a specific channel (622 would not). So I can do a search on each HD movie channel and set up timers on movies in advance. And then it's a simple matter of using the most recent searches feature to do it again next time. Gets me to the same place at the end. It's really a matter of finding new ways to get the same results. :)

Here is a more efficient way to do a SEARCH if you want to avoid PPV's.

agregjones answered this for me on another thread. On one of the CE's (I am not sure if it's included on the national release) they added 3 Booleans for keyword searches.

AAND means to look for both words
AANY means to look for either word
NNOT means to ignore returns with this word in it

A Keyword search for HD NNOT PPV then select category MOVIES then ALL will only bring up HD movies and exclude PPV. You still get the duplicates for the HBO and SHO main HD channels but it is much better than having all those PPV's show up.

Can a H20 tune local channels with antenna, and no dish?

I have a H20 and want to know if I can use it to tune in local channels using my outside antenna. I do not have a dish or cable, so I need a receiver with a built in tuner, not sure if the H20 has one.

When I connect it to the TV and connect up the antenna, I scan the channels and it finds 9, it lists the call letters and asks if I want to add them. I see a box in the upper right on the screen nothing ever appears in it always black. I select add all, boxes all have dots in them. If I do a signal strength, all the channels show a mid to higher strength.

I click Done and get out, I cannot select any channels with the up/down channel button on the remote. So does this mean that I cannot receive local channels using the antenna?

Thanks

There are some hidden features in the HR20. It has varied over the past year but is mainly used by Living on the Edge downloaders as backdoors or tested features. Here is how to activate.

1. Menu - Search - Keyword - type exactly IAMANEDGECUTTER - ALL
;)

How do you get the - in there? When I tried this, that dash was not an option on the screen and the dash on my remote didn't add it.

I tried to use the secret codes for my R15-100. But they don't seem to work does anyone have a working list of secret command codes like the IAMANEDGECUTTER for the R15?

Thanks

Doesn't look like anyone ever answered this one, I'm still learning the DirecTV remote but I would love to know how to jump to LIVE like I had on the Dish remote.

Thanks,
Dave
also a new convert,no "live"button,also cant "swap"tuners and rewind each,but unlike the 722,it buffers live while watching a recorded program.I assume these are software issues that will eventually be worked out,and not TIVO patent infringements.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)