HR20

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
Can anyone tell me if an hr20 will work on a swm setup? Found a good deal on an owned one. Just wanna make sure my set up isn't too new for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes. It is a little more complicated to set up than the HR24, but it works just fine. You might need to buy an adaptor.

What kind of adaptor?

Well first of all, WHICH kind of HR20 is it - an HR20-100 or HR20-700; this DOES make a difference...

If it's an HR20-700 - NO "adapters" are needed at all; however, you WILL need a DECA unit if you have MRV &/or Cinema Connection thru the coax. (just like any other HR2x DVR OUTSIDE of the HR24's)

If it's an HR20-100 - depends on what you're doing with it:

- if you are JUST putting it on an SWM system & do NOT need a DECA unit on it (NO MRV or Cinema Connection used thru the coax) then you do NOT need any adapters; just connect the (single) coax to the SAT 1 input on the receiver, just like any other HR2x model.

- if you are putting a DECA on it f/MRV &/or CC) then you have to use this hookup) as follows:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=177195

Personally, I'd stay away from ANY HR20-100 if you have MRV/CC... :eek:

Last edited:
It is a 100, not sure it'll be on my whdvr anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)