HR21-100 Unexpected "Update" and lost settings/recordings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Umbra_Vipera

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2005
Missouri
Here's the scoop. Yesterday my wife called me and informed me that any channel she selected was grey. The guide would come up, etc, but no go on viewing. I told her to power it off and back on, which she did, and the channels appeared. Then last night when we got home, I turned things on to watch tv and there was a message that the system had recently been updated. Ok...didn't think anything of it at the time.

I was going to schedule a couple of recordings and noticed that all my previously recorded content plus scheduled "tasks" were gone. So now here I am to ask questions.

The setup is a new (a couple of weeks old) HR21-100, networked, with an external 1TB drive attached (MX-1 with a Seagate drive). Both the receiver and ext. drive are plugged into an 800VA battery backup. The receiver is connected to the tv via HDMI cable. The network connection is hard wired direct to the router and yes the phone line is attached as well.

I'm sure one of the first question to be asked is what software version I'm running. The short answer at this time is I don't know. It does not appear on the primary information screen like I've seen posted around the 'Net and for some strange reason my searches aren't turning up any hints as to where else to look. At this time I am not participating in nor have I ever any CE software releases. Also, when the unit was setup, the installer did force a software download to ensure it had the most current available.

So...on to the questions.

Is this a freak incident or known random issue?
Could this have been caused by some sort of issue involving the external drive?
Is there a way to see which drive the receiver is using? I would like to verify this to know if there was a possible drive failure.
Where do I go to confirm the software version? I had my wife go into the menu, Parental....setup, and setup but there is no version information on the info screen. I thought I might have missed it this morning so I confirmed that's where it should be and then had her double check over lunch.

I'm really at a loss as to what could have happened. Any help, hints, or opinions are welcomed and apperciated! :)

Update:
Ok I finally got the right screen and verified that the system is running software version 0x255.

My next question is what temperature range should the receiver be operating at? Currently it's running around 113 degrees.

Update:
Ok I finally got the right screen and verified that the system is running software version 0x255.

My next question is what temperature range should the receiver be operating at? Currently it's running around 113 degrees.

That's normal.

After hours of searching I finally found a thread on another site and it seems this issue could be related to the specific model of drive.

Thanks for the info raoul5788!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts