Hr21-200-700

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fastfreddy

Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
:eek:Does anyone know if Directv requires a phone line hook up for the initial start up of their PVR's as those great Tivio's did. No longer have a land line and want to upgrade to HR21-200 or 700. Thanks :confused:

:eek:Does anyone know if Directv requires a phone line hook up for the initial start up of their PVR's as those great Tivio's did. No longer have a land line and want to upgrade to HR21-200 or 700. Thanks :confused:

You do not need a land line.

The only HR21 model currently available is the -700. When the CE software get a national release the DVR will be able to communicate PPV orders, etc., via the internet.

The only HR21 model currently available is the -700. When the CE software get a national release the DVR will be able to communicate PPV orders, etc., via the internet.

Bob,
You can still get HR20-700's at the local Costco's , maybe not thru D, but they are available still.

Jimbo

I've had a HR21 HD DVR with DirecTV and also another non-hd dvr in the other room, and 2 other boxes in the bedrooms.

I've had directv for 4 years, and never ever had had the boxes hooked up with phone lines. The only reason you need to do this is if you want to instantly get movies without calling or signing up online for a movie.

I've had Sunday ticket and also lots of extra channel packages. You NEVER have to hook up a telephone line to the boxes. I'd cancel if I did--I've had only cell phone for home # for a long time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)