Any First-Timer Tips for Recording NFL Sunday Ticket Games?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jyafink

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
D* and Sunday Ticket are new to me. I cannot watch games on Sunday (work related) so I'll need to record them and watch them another day. Someone told me the Sunday Ticket package is a pain sometimes because of all the extra features that keep popping up on the screen. I assume they mean the "player tracker" and "enhanced games" functions that are shown on D*'s website. If I simply set a game to record like I would any other program, will I have to worry about any of that stuff? I don't want to watch recorded games that have three hours of player stats or something else pasted on the middle of the screen. Please let me know if there is anything special I need to know about to avoid that happening. Thanks.

You will be fine,stats only come up if you hit the right button, after making a player list on channel 700.

I find maual recordings work best, I run early games till 430 and late games till 8. That gets 4 games per DVR.

If you buy superfan, check out recording the shortcut games on Mondays, easy way to see the games in 30 minutes. It will have a VOD channel too this season.

Thanks. I was thinking that maybe when the tuner kicked in to start recording, it would cause something to pop-up on the screen, and if I wasn't around to stop it, it would stay there for the entire game.

Thanks. I was thinking that maybe when the tuner kicked in to start recording, it would cause something to pop-up on the screen, and if I wasn't around to stop it, it would stay there for the entire game.

You should also record the shortcuts that show every game in 30 minutes or less. Just the plays, no time in between.

also nfl network shows the best 4 games of the week in an edited 1 hour and 30 minute version....2 games air on tuesday at 8:00pm @ 9:30pm & the same goes for wednesday.

and this year they are doing another kind of replay show thats 1 hour on monday at 6:00pm but not sure what it is yet since its new.

You should also record the shortcuts that show every game in 30 minutes or less. Just the plays, no time in between.

with this you won't need to record the games. just download the SC's and you'll see any of the games in 30 min

I assumed that a lot of people recorded the games and D* wouldn't be so stupid as to cause these pop-ups to appear on their own, but had to ask anyway. I never had the NFL Network with Time Warner either so I'm looking forward to their shortcuts and game repeats. They didn't spoil things by mentioning other games in the pre-season repeats, so I hope they don't do it in the regular season either. Whoever decided many, many years that scrolling scores across the screen and spoiling other games going on at the same time was a good thing needs to be shot and buried. The same with the game breaks. I've never met a person that likes those things happening but I guess the majority do or it wouldn't occur. I've already taped together my long and thin piece of black construction paper so I can tape it to the television to block the ticker scores when watching games. It's just ridiculous that a person would need to do something like that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)