HR21-200 conncetion to SWM SL5S4NR2-02 LNB question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FormulaGT

Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
Hi there,
I just picked up a used HD Directv dish to install for my guest house. I plan to only use one receiver (HR21-200). The dish has a single wire coming out of the LNB. Can I just plug this into the SAT IN 1 (SWM-2) input on the back of the HR21 or will I need other equipment such as a splitter, etc.? Thanks for the help!

You don't need a splitter, but you do need a power inserter. It's important! It supplies power to the lnb that the dvr can't.

Will the Directv power inserters for about $10. on ebay be alright? On those there is an input and output. Do you know which goes where? I think one said to IRD and the other to SWM. Diagram or link to would be appreciated. Thanks again!

The swm port goes to the lnb, the ird port goes to the dvr.

You need the 21v power inserter like tghis onehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Directv-21V-SWM-Power-Inserter-Supply-PI21-SWiM-LNB-Green-Slimline-Dish-SL5-SL3-/181051880826?pt=US_Satellite_Signal_Multiswitches&hash=item2a2788757a

Will just the single cable going into the SAT IN 1 (SWM-2) on the HR21 allow you to receive 2 different channels at once? Will I be able to record one channel and watch another at the same time or will I need a splitter and use both inputs? Thanks!

With an SWM system, you only need one cable to the DVR to the SAT 1 connector and that will drive both tuners with different channels.

Yup, that's the whole point of a swm setup is being able to use two tuners with only one cable to the dvr.

Currently this receiver uses the B band converters on the older dish set up. Will the converters be necessary with an SWM dish?

You will need to repeat satellite setup when to go to the guest house, then again when you get home however. Need to tell the receiver to use swm, then tell it not to back home.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts