HR21-700 playback freezes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RogerD

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 29, 2004
I have HR21-700 for a couple weeks now. It freezes one or two seconds into a playback frequently. When it happens, you can fix it by resetting the unit. Reseting the unit takes many minutes and it stops your recording. Thus it is not a good solution. The problem will come back again within an hour or longer than that. I could not find a pattern for it to be reproduced. Also when this happens, changing channels becomes very slow, taking more than 6 seconds. Does anyone see the same problem? If you do, do you know a fix for it? There are discussions about this in DBSTALK below.

HR21-700 Playback Freeze - DBSTalk.Com

Sounds like a widespread software problem.

You may want to watch for a CE (beta test) software release on Friday/Saturday nights.

There are some CEs tonight, but none for the HR21. Hopefully next week.

After glancing through the thread you linked, doesn't look like a fix yet. D* is very aggressive in fixing this kind of stuff, hopefully soon.

There is a HR21 CE release tonight only.

You may want to download it and see if it helps your problem.

Hope this gets to you in time :)

11pm - 2am 1/14/08

Will my receiver download it automatically tonight or I need to push it myself? If I need to push it myself, how do I do it? Sorry that I came from Dish and is not very familiar with this DVR yet. Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.