HR21-700 pops going from SD to HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kordster

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
I just got upgraded to the 5 lnb dish and an HR21-700. When I change from a Standard def channel to a High Def channel there is a series of pops that sound sort of like electrical arcing (think welder). Is this normal? If something is wrong, I want to get them back out immediately. My HR10-250 didn't make any sound.
Thanks

Is it your TV or the HR21 making the noise? If it's the TV check the HR21's display setting and if you have native on change it to off and select either 720p or 1080i as the output resolution and see if that helps.

I did change the setting on the HR21 to native. I'll change it back and see what happens. Thanks rad

I just had a tech out replacing my reciever with the new HR21-700 and we had the same crackling problem, but only with HDMI. We tried hooking up component cables and the problem went away. The tech called his supervisor who told him the issue is with the new HR21-700 and certain TV's when using HDMI, and the problem is supposed to be fixed in an upcoming software upgrade. For now I am using my component cables, picture looks great.

Thanks cjrudy. I do have it connected with an HDMI cable.
But changing Native to off seems to have fixed it for me for now.

Turning Native off didn't work. I'll think about changing the HDMI cable.
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)