HR21 (ALL) CE Release 2/8 & 2/9

Had to download twice. First download hung at 90% and turned the machine off. After 10 minutes of nothing, I did a RBR. I know that is not recommended, but that is the only button that did anything.

I have a HR21-700. I did the download and see the new changes. Where is the VOD? I see the menu item, and I have the unit networked, but it does nothing when I select On Demand.

I have a HR21-700. I did the download and see the new changes. Where is the VOD? I see the menu item, and I have the unit networked, but it does nothing when I select On Demand.

There a thread devoted to this stickied two spaces under this thread on the Directv CE forum main page.

in the list, if you click yellow, then change order of playlist, then title A-Z, it should stay that way

Hello all.
My 1st post and 1st ce download for my new HR21-700. 0x1fe added a few nice menu enhancements compared to my previous National version (0x18a). Online scheduling is very cool.
Seemed to download & install fine, except DOD is seemingly less functional than before... now when I select it in the menu, nothing happens... no beep, no more window saying "coming soon," nothing. I do have network/internet connection and have successfully activated DOD through 1 800 #. Do I need to wait, or should I try to download & install again?

Thanks in advance

Connected to Network but not the internet

Downloaded the CE fine. Went to check out VOD. Placed an item in queue but it would not download. Ran the network test. It now reports that I'm connected to my network, but not the internet. Does it require certain ports to be open on the router? On a side note, media share is no longer available as an option on the menu. Any suggestions?

When I"ve seen that happen it usually resolves later. They may be doing something on D*'s end.

Try again this afternoon or evening.

First time downloader of CE and so far, everything seems to be working great. VOD is a great feature, I've already downloaded several titles. The remote scheduler works great as well. I also like the addition of the video to the media share. I did noticed that I had to reset my network setup to the new defaults before it would reconnect to the internet. The setup menu was very slow and seemed to be non responsive at times. Still playing around but this is what I've found so far...

This is a vast improvement over last weekend's CE. I can now play OnDemand content almost instantly after starting download. I can now stream video again over media share. Last weekend's CE broke that.

I upgraded to the CE last night for my HR21-700. What a big difference. I hated the receiver with it's non-beta software but I like the new enhancements.

The UI is much nicer and goes a set in the direction of better usability.

It also looks the video on the SD upscaling seems to look a bit better.

The channel switching seems faster. Is that just my imagination?

The guide and menu's also seem faster.

Hello all.
My 1st post and 1st ce download for my new HR21-700. 0x1fe added a few nice menu enhancements compared to my previous National version (0x18a). Online scheduling is very cool.
Seemed to download & install fine, except DOD is seemingly less functional than before... now when I select it in the menu, nothing happens... no beep, no more window saying "coming soon," nothing. I do have network/internet connection and have successfully activated DOD through 1 800 #. Do I need to wait, or should I try to download & install again?

Thanks in advance

Ditto for me. 1st download HR21-700. Nothing happens on DoD. No channel 1000. Remote scheduling works fine. I think I'll re-download tonight and see what happens.

Three brand new members & CE users!

:welcome: to Satelliteguys!

Niteflyr - read the thread about activating VOD, that is probally your problem - provided you did the download last night. It is only availabe from 11pm to 2am EST.

Three brand new members & CE users!

:welcome: to Satelliteguys!

Niteflyr - read the thread about activating VOD, that is probally your problem - provided you did the download last night. It is only availabe from 11pm to 2am EST.

Thanks! I definately got 0x1fe last night and I activated VOD via 800# last night also. Still nothing on VOD. It's been 14+ hours now. Should I re-download tonight?

Redownload likely won't make a difference, you can try if you want.

It can take up to 24 hours or so to fully download to the receiver (vod). You're trying channel 1000?

I keep trying VOD and channel 1000, still nothing. I guess I'll just give it more time.
Thanks.

HEre is a question for ya'll. I got the Hr21 last Friday and downloaded my first c.e. software. I have yet to be able to turn on this receiver with my remote control. I can turn it off with it and do everything else to control the guide etc, but no good when the receiver is turned off. I have to reset it every time I want to use it. So heres my question:

1. Do you need to turn off the receiver at night to get the guide or is it okay to leave it on all the time?

I come from DISH country and am not familiar with these kind of receivers. My sd dvr with Directv that I installed myself has no problem turning on and off with the remote control . It just seems to be the hd dvr that has problems .

Are you using the original remote? Try the power button and the off button (runs the tv too)?
Are you using IR mode or RF mode for the remote?

Try switching modes, the won't turn off is not normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts