HR21-ALL CE Release 3/7 & 3/8

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in this CE / Version
HR21-700
HR21-200
HR21-100

Window of opportunity to download: Friday, March 7, 2008 11PM - 2:30AM ET Saturday, March 8, 2008 11PM - 2:30AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! CE DOWNLOAD WARNINGS / AGREEMENT

PLEASE READ THIS SECOND! CE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

-----------------

CHANGES FROM THIS RELEASE:

• [*]03 - Significant HD video output stability
    [*]03 - System stability improvements
    [*]03 - New OSD for viewing HD channels in non-HD resolution
    [*]03 - HD output behavior improvement
    [*]03 - Minor UI polishes for Signal Meter
    [*]03 - Left arrow behavior polish
    [*]03 - Interactive channel stability
    [*]03 - “Under-the-hood” improvements

CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS RELEASES:

• 02 - System boot up improvement
  • 02 - Video output improvement
  • 02 - Stability
  • 01 - System Stability

Last edited:
Upgraded HR21-700 last night. I had 3 VOD programs in que and 1 downloading prior to upgrade. After upgrade, que was empty and the downloading program was saved as a partial program. Will post more if anything else turns up.

So, what is the improvement with this update?

My local Fox affiliate has audio jitters...

Switching channels is slow...

guide is still slow...

It does not look like any of the features put in the hr20 CE builds have made it to the hr21 yet.

I don't think we'll ever see a faster guide. I suspect that's probably a result of the hardware architecture.

Downloaded friday night. Has sound jitters too, especially on Fox. Very slow using the guide still. Seems like everything is getting worse.

I'm very sorry to report that we never got notes from D* for this weekend. I'm guessing they "forgot" before leaving Friday night and there was nobody there the weekend that is involved in the CE process.

I'd hope to expect something tommorrow.

Well, developers do need some time off. Writing release notes isn't exactly my favorite task either.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more details in the notes. That could help us test out fixes and features a bit better.

Sound jitters that were in 0202 are still present in 0206 on my two units. It seems to happen more often on Fox News Channel than on other channels.

Yes, the sound jitter/loss problem has gotten worse all week long on all channels. I almost went back to the regular release but I figured I would hold out for a new release this weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts