HR21 and VOIP phone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

berck

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
Pleasanton, CA (SF Bay Area)
I have a vonage phone and use house phone wiring to distribute it to other phones including my HR21-700 (on the current national release). All of the sudden yesterday people would call, and the phone would disconnect after one or two rings. This happened all day Saturday and most of the day today. Once I unplugged the HR21 from the phone system, my phone calls are fine again.

What's going on with my HR21? Is this a common problem?

I have a vonage phone and use house phone wiring to distribute it to other phones including my HR21-700 (on the current national release). All of the sudden yesterday people would call, and the phone would disconnect after one or two rings. This happened all day Saturday and most of the day today. Once I unplugged the HR21 from the phone system, my phone calls are fine again.

What's going on with my HR21? Is this a common problem?
directv recievers are not designed to work with voip phone systems, only true land line systems

And that's my point too. From the HR21, it looks like a regular phone line. Its accepted this for a year without any issues. All of the sudden, it now disconnects my calls as they come in. No issues until this past Saturday.

I do have the unit networked at my house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)