HR21 External Drive no longer recognized

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

1znut

Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Illinois
I have an HR21/200 & have been using a WD My Book Home edition 1.5TB eSATA drive for a couple of months with no problem.

On 3/9, software 0x3a8 was downloaded (automatically). When the system re-booted, it reverted to the internal drive. I can no longer get it to recognize the external drive. Checked the drive on another HR21 with same results. Also checked drive on PC's, and they recognize it fine, so the drive appears ok.

My next step is try reformating the drive, but I would prefer to not lose the content.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to the site !

1znut,
Unplug the D* recvr, then plug in the hard drive to the recvr, plug in the HD then plug in the D* recvr, when it boots up it should be on your EHD.

Chances are you were seeing the Internal HD, maybe you have a power glitch ?

Anyways, see if that helps you.

That was what I did initially, and a couple of times I wanted to switch between the internal & external drives. Since the o/s upgrade/reboot, I've tried that several times with no luck. I was hoping there might be some other trick, or maybe something with the new software release

Thanks for the response.

Just a guess, but the software upgrade may be keeping the dvr from recognizing the ehd. Not all ehd's work with all dvrs. The WD My Book won't work with an HR20. Maybe now it won't work with the HR21.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)