HR21/ HDMI problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

41canine

Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
Can anyone help me with this?

HR21-700 not reading HDMI with new Samsung. TV is set to HDMI in but all I get is "searching for signal". Blinks this 3-4 times before connecting. Happens with "Native on or off". "Tech" came out and said "use component cables". Okay, but....shouldn't it recognize HDMI? Tried different HDMI cables and a replacement HR21. Same thing.
Thank you.

There is no exact standard for HDMI as yet, so some TV brands do not handshake correctly with some receivers. We all hope a solution can be found. In the mean time Component cables will work just fine.

I had the same problem with my HR20 and 72" Sammy. The problem fixed istelf (I guess via D download). I can not see any difference between the HDMI and Component cables.

I have no issues with my 61" Samsung using HDMI. I did have issues when connecting the stb from Comcast to my Pioneer Elite reciever. Pioneer last year issued a firmware flash and all is fine now (with comcast and now dtv)

btw - which model is it? are you going straight into the tv or using a reciever? more detail and I could do some research for you. did you try a different hdmi cable? is the cable 1.3 or 1.2?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)