HR21 how many tuners can record at once?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mlb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Kettering, Ohio
I have 2 HR21s with the AM21 add ons for OTA HD. It appears I can only record 2 tuners, even with the AM21. Is that true? Seems crazy that I could record 3 tuners at once with my 622 (1 OTA, 2 satellite) but I can only get 2 total, no matter whether I have 4 tuners or not.

It's any combination of 2 tuners - it's NO different than any other D* HD DVR made.
The fact they made the AM21 an external tuner didn't change the basic design of these boxes.
They are NOT made the same as E*'s equipment, which you seem to refer to - but by the same token, E* DVR's cannot record 2 OTA's at the same time, either.

Yeah, but I used to record 3 things at once... so that is a pretty big downgrade as far as I'm concerned (in reference to the box).

Yes but with the 622 you could only record ONE OTA at a time. The HR21 allows you to record TWO OTA. THat may seem trivial, but it's not to people that don't have HD LIL's. Most of my recording is OTA. And Many times things come on at the same time. However if you have HD LIL's in your area then yes you are giving up recording 3 Local channels at one time with the HR21. but you can still only record TWO cable type channels on either receiver. The OTA tuner on the 622 is a nice thing to have. But it's all relative to what you watch the most of.

Rich, I assumed it could at minimum do the 1 OTA tuner with the 2 satellites... not sure why you are so defensive about this. I'm not really that upset, I was just curious about it.

Mark, I get my HD locals OTA, not on satellite. I realize that I can get 2 OTA recordings at once, which is nice, but there have been times in the past that I wanted 2 satellites with 1 OTA... not that big of a deal, I'll drop one of them.

Rich, I assumed it could at minimum do the 1 OTA tuner with the 2 satellites... not sure why you are so defensive about this.

Uh, well I didn't realize my simple question was SO defensive - I'll do my best to watch that next time... :confused: :confused:
(btw, you know what they say about a-s-s-u-m-e... ;) )

I'm not really that upset, I was just curious about it.

I guess I was just going by, uh, what/how you said this...

so that is a pretty big downgrade as far as I'm concerned (in reference to the box).

All I was saying is, if it a "pretty big downgrade" to you, I would have double-checked this out first - that's all...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts