HR21/HR22/HR23/R22 CE Release 4/10 v.02F5/6

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Cisco, yourb drive is failing the diagnostic check on bootup. I doubt it is caused by the CE, but can't rule it out.

You will need your HR2x replaced (unless it is a esata drive). Call directv tech support and tell them the drive failure and what it is doing. This problem is hardware failure, it doesn't matter that there is a CE on the receiver.

This could happen to anyone, and has happened to me before, doing the CE just brought on the reboot that detected the problem.

A new box will be Fedex'd to you, $19.95 w/o protection plan, Free with protection plan. Because your receiver is leased, it should not affect or incur any contracts. If they say it does, remind them it is a leased box and Directv owned, thus their responsibility.

Sorry to hear of the failure.

Ack, guess I wasted my time last night and downloaded too soon so have to redo the download tonight. Just pulled up system info on my HR-22 and it shows 2d7 on my receiver. Hopefully things will be in the stream right away tonight. The new CE should be either 2F5 or 6 right?

Here's a possible issue:
HR21-700, local weather forecast for 30307 under red button/active button seems to be stuck on Friday. This persisted through a reboot. Sending report 20090411-19A2.
Edit: Same is true for Local on the 8's. Current conditions and radar are updating but Today/Tonight/The Week Ahead are stuck on Friday.

I have also seen extremely slow response relative to the national release. For example if I change channels to 247, It will often drop the 4 and goto 27, I have to press the buttons very slowly. This is the same with most of the menus. If I try to use the down arrow to go down my list of recordings, I sometimes have to wait up to 30 seconds before I see any response.

also, on occasion, the audio will stutter or cut out. I don't think it is my signal as this will happen on a clear day.

This release seemed to correct audio stutter and video glitching..the remote response is still slow and you also can't enter channel numbers quickly. It drops numbers or won't update choice.

No problems thus far. Occasionally it gets laggy, usually when recording two things at once, but seems to be improving with each release. The one thing I would note is that remote input should be the absolute highest priority. When it's lagging it should at least buffer my keypresses. I can't remember how many times it just drops keypresses, even if I stop and wait for it to catch up. If I intend to go to ch 202, and I press 2 and suddenly the system is busy, it should buffer the 02(enter) that I press instead of ignoring the 02 and then taking the enter keypress. This is with the HR23.

HR21-100 with AM21

Very laggy and slow GUI. Like others, I'm experiencing remote command drops at times. Not as good as other CE's speedwise and it is "hard to use" as my wife puts it because of that and the remote command drops.

HR21-100 with AM21

Very laggy and slow GUI. Like others, I'm experiencing remote command drops at times. Not as good as other CE's speedwise and it is "hard to use" as my wife puts it because of that and the remote command drops.
Umm... thats the way mine has always been. I have that combo and its ALWAYS been a dog, IMO. a little slower with this CE but when you are used to a catepiller pace going to snail gear isnt much difference. I had always heard that the processor in the HR21 was supposed to be superior to the HR20 so the speed difference has never made sense to me.

Same setup here. Like yours, my setup has been very laggy since day 1 (last July) and little more laggy with this CE.

HR21-100 with AM21

That's it. I went back to the national release. It was waay too hard to use. It is one of the worst CEs I've seen when it comes to response and usability.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the CE since I went back to the national release yesterday.

Right in the middle of watching TV tonight I got a blue screen "Software Failure" message. The receiver rebooted and is trying to do a download on its own. It has been doing that for the last couple of hours and not finding the software to donwload.

I haven't gotten a "software Error" message but here in Denver tonight my HR-22 wasn't getting sat signal due to the storm Denver was dealing with but at least I could play things in my play list. Then we had a pwr fluctuation that lasted a cpl seconds and after that lat least 3 times the box just suddenly rebooted while I was watching something I had recorded earlier. When the reboots happened nothing else went out power wise. Not sure if its an issue with the latest CE or just what. If they don't plan to give us a new CE this week I may just revert to the National as this CE has been terribly laggy and unresponsive.

Yeah, I'm thinking a power glitch may have caused the box to freak out. May be time to buy a new UPS.

I already wiped the dish off with a broom earlier ;)
I'm a few miles east of Coal Creek Canyon and have over a foot of wet heavy snow.

It finally redownloaded the national release and it seems to be okay now.

All seems well today now. Had to rescan the AM-21 and reset my OTA channels so I could once again pick up the new 7 & 9 local OTA but at least everything seems to be working.

Was really annoying last night tho. Would be watching a recording, get about a half hour to an hour watched and boom, the box would just reboot. Then when I'd go back into the recording it still had the old stop spot marked so I'd have to FFW to where I'd gotten to, hit stop, and then restart the recording to save where I was actually at hehe.

Strange, I'm wondering if your receiver wasn't happy because of the lack of a satellite signal.

I also think these boxes are REALLY sensitive to power fluxuations.

Heaven only knows. We have been fortunate in that we have little to no problems in over a year of usage until recently when we started having a lot of 771 errors on the HR-20's sat 2 tuner and or constant pixeling/breakup of signal during the day when I watched MSNBC. We were using a SWM and when the tech came he took that out and redid the wiring to 2 seperate lines then due to some other issues ended up simply replacing the HR-20 with an HR-22. I definitly do think tho that redoing the wires and removing the SWM improved the pic quality, at least it seems like it to me at least.

This last storm was the first time we actually lost everything due to weather. I don't have a UPS so after the full power out of a couple sec's thats when it started acting up. I kind of suspect the total power outage and then being unable to get sat data was at least part of the issue/problem myself. Earlier in the day, when we lost both sat signals the OTA still worked but after the pwr outage then when I tried to turn to channels that were OTA I was getting a weird error msg. with a code 750 saying the service wasn't authorized or some such.

Just glad it all seems to be working normally now <crosses fingers>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)