HR21 install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lakewoodvoomer

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2004
I am thinking of upgrading to a HR21. I currently have a H20. I have two lines coming off the dish etc. Is there anything special I need to do before I hook up the HR 21? I was looking over the HR 21 manual. It talks about a SWM (single wire module). How do I tell if my installation includes a SWM?

I am thinking of upgrading to a HR21. I currently have a H20. I have two lines coming off the dish etc. Is there anything special I need to do before I hook up the HR 21? I was looking over the HR 21 manual. It talks about a SWM (single wire module). How do I tell if my installation includes a SWM?

It depends on how many receivers you are currently using. If all you will be using is one receiver, and you currently have two cables running from the dish to the receiver's location than it will be no problem.

The SWM is not released for public use yet, and is designed to replace the 6x8 multiswitch and facilitate using one cable to provide two inputs to the DVR.

So the short answer is no, there is nothing special you need to do if you have the two cables already ran.

It depends on how many receivers you are currently using. If all you will be using is one receiver, and you currently have two cables running from the dish to the receiver's location than it will be no problem.

The SWM is not released for public use yet, and is designed to replace the 6x8 multiswitch and facilitate using one cable to provide two inputs to the DVR.

So the short answer is no, there is nothing special you need to do if you have the two cables already ran.

Thanks for the info. Just to make sure I have it right- I have two H20s currently. However, I am only replacing one with a HR21. The one I am replacing has 2 lines to its location. So if I understood you correctly, then I will not need to do anything special. The H20 that I am not replacing will remain unaffected by the upgrade, right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts