HR21 Pro Replacement Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shadowfayre

Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
I have a HR21-100, actually two that I purchased from Costco nearly two years ago. I noticed in the forums that if it was a HR20/21 *PRO* it was bought vs leased without the Pro. Logically, since I purchased the units at 200 bucks a unit, I assume these are not the PRO and are in fact leased units. We all know about assuming things... :)

One of the units failed and I had to get a replacement from D* to replace which after hours of fighting those folks, they sent me a replacement (HR22). Trust me, when I say fight, cause they had no intent in replacing the receiver even after three physical visits in less than a year. Anyways, before I go shipping back the old unit, I just want to make sure the one I had was a lease and they are not getting back something I OWN.

If anyone out there can provide me a way to confirm which unit I have regular vs PRO, that would be great. Again, assuming the cost and the place of purchase, my conclusion is that it is a leased unit, but I do not want to assume anything and just hand them back an OWN unit for one guaranteed to be a leased one.

Thanks,

Ah Thanks for the photo. I saw some really old photos from Engadget when the unit was announced, but often it seems the prototype units shown at shows are not the ones you actually buy on release.

In this case, no rack mount or silver menu control, so it is just the HR21 unit.

Thanks again,

Make sure they haven't extended your commitment with the exchange. Replacing a defective leased unit shouldn't extend your commitment. Email customer service and ask if it has been changed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)