HR21 weird recording problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ddinsm

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
So I have two HR21's that got installed last month. One of them is doing some strange things when I setup recordings. Today I set it to record the ESPN Par 3 telecast and the Red Sox game. When I got home I noticed the record light was not on so I checked the record list and saw no sign of any new recordings except an analog recording of Attack of the Show. I changed to channel 623, the Red Sox game was going and I hit the record button, it then brought up a dialog box saying it was recording did I want to stop and delete, stop and keep, or keep recording. From what I can tell its not recorded anywhere.

When I go to the "Manage Recording" menu and look at the history for the ESPN Golf it says "This episode was not recorded because the program was no longer available. (13)"

Finally when I look at "My Playlist" it shows 98% available, which is weird since yesterday it said like 60% and I have over 5 hours of HD recorded which I've checked and it is still on the machine.

Any help appreciated. Thanks, Dave

So I have two HR21's that got installed last month. One of them is doing some strange things when I setup recordings. Today I set it to record the ESPN Par 3 telecast and the Red Sox game. When I got home I noticed the record light was not on so I checked the record list and saw no sign of any new recordings except an analog recording of Attack of the Show. I changed to channel 623, the Red Sox game was going and I hit the record button, it then brought up a dialog box saying it was recording did I want to stop and delete, stop and keep, or keep recording. From what I can tell its not recorded anywhere.

When I go to the "Manage Recording" menu and look at the history for the ESPN Golf it says "This episode was not recorded because the program was no longer available. (13)"

Finally when I look at "My Playlist" it shows 98% available, which is weird since yesterday it said like 60% and I have over 5 hours of HD recorded which I've checked and it is still on the machine.

Any help appreciated. Thanks, Dave

ddinsm,
Do a reset of the HD DVR and see if that solves your trouble, you MAY find your recording s that were scheduled, maybe not, but do he reset and see if you have any more issues with it.

Menu > Set Up > System Set Up > Reset > Restart Rec. > Dash in the yellow box ....

Jimbo

I keep receiving that error message as well. Usually this happens during sporting events. I believe it has something to do with the on screen guide changing the title and/or description after the initial recording setup. Resetting the DVR does absolutely nothing.

ddinsm,
Do a reset of the HD DVR and see if that solves your trouble, you MAY find your recording s that were scheduled, maybe not, but do he reset and see if you have any more issues with it.

Menu > Set Up > System Set Up > Reset > Restart Rec. > Dash in the yellow box ....

Jimbo

Thanks Jimbo, I was actually okay with seeing the Sox loose last night because I really want the Tigers to have a good year. Especially cheer for them when they play the Yanks.

I reset everything this morning and setup new recordings this morning and as soon as I get to work I find out NESN isn't broadcasting the game in HD!!! Thankfully I love the web recording feature so I'll setup the Tigers broadcast which hopefully they have in HD! (EDIT: Doesn't look like either station is broadcasting in HD tonight... bummer)

My thoughts on the issue are that I need to start doing manual forced recordings of certain channels daily to get sporting events or use the website to set the recordings closer to when they actually air. Everything that has failed has been recordings I setup on Sunday for the entire week, the stuff I setup the day or morning before work fine.

Thanks again,
Dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)