HR22-100 settings help?????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

maverick96

Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
I have a 46" Sony 1080p LCD flat panel and I just hooked up the HR22-100.. I was wondering what I should set the format to for best picture quality? What do you guys recommend? Right now it is set to 1080i for everything I believe and it has it so on the SD channels the picture fills the screen. Also should I set native to off or on??? Sorry for all the questions but I'm hoping someone can help so I can maximize my picture quality.... Thanks in advance...

I use 1080i only on the check box, pillar box, native off, and black for the sidebar colors. If you want to stretch a 4:3 show, you can always use your TV's settings.

I use 720p and 1080i and have native on and let the Rec tell the TV what the best resolution is. If you watch something fast paced like say Transformers (movie) you will get "jitters" in 1080i This is on a Phillips 46" 1080p LCD and a Samsung DLP2 60"

I use 1080i only, native off and black pillars. I NEVER experience any artifacts on sports, Transformers or any other "fast motion".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)