HR22 DVR Viewing Locks Up System

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sonydude1966

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Once per day now after watching the DVR. Both happening in recording and watching what's in the hour and a half buffer. DVR had been experiencing video stutter here and there for about a month. Total lockups now the past three days.

Called Directv and was told the software department would get a memo or something and to see if I can wait a week to see if it resolves.

I checked the system, holding the info button to get to the check your system screen, and everything passed.

Some questions for the experienced:

Is this the sign of a failing hard drive?

Should I get the $5.99 plan? Is there a waiting period for it to go into effect? Since I already called it in, does that mean getting the plan now is useless?

I've switched boxes before and had to pay $20. If I get the pro-plan, will that be covered?

Could reformatting the entire hard drive, help my problem?

Thanks.

The protection does take effect immediately, so you would not have to pay the 20$.

It could be possible that the hard drive is failing.
When I worked there, there was a software malfunction that caused dvrs to lock up when backing out of a recording, or deleting recordings, but since there is not a mass complaint about that, I would deduct its your hard drive.

Call in and say you have diagnostic code 21, hard drive failure. Tell them you tried to reboot it several times but it just won't boot up. They will replace it for yah

I've had the same lockups on my HR24 for at least a month also. It's continued thru a couple different CE releases and while reverting back to the national also. Sometimes it last over 10 seconds, lately it's been shorter but still every button locks out and the screen freezes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)