HR22 HD DVR Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kjm8888

Original poster
Dec 9, 2008
Hi!
I recently got 2 HD DVRs from D with the intention of putting one at my Mom's house for Christmas. Everything worked fine at my house. Then I have an installer put in a slimline dish at my Mom's house but the receiver will not function with both tuners. When I try to change the setup to 2 tuners in the setup menu it claims not to be able to find the satellite signal. Then nothing works until we reset the receiver. BTW: In test mode, both tuners are showing strong signal (98% and 96% respectively) so I know the signal is there. The installer did use a different dish at my Mom's house. I have the new slimline 3 dish with what looks like a single LNB. The dish that was installed at my Mom's house is a slimline 3 with the 3-head LNB. No SWM switch was used so my Mom could keep the old receiver hooked up to the bedroom TV. Is this the problem? The installer insists that the problem is in the receiver but it works fine with both tuners at my house. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Last edited:
Yes, 2 cables are connected to the receiver. The only difference is the dishes.

yes, those are connected at the back of the receiver for each cable as directed.

I did "repeat satellite setup" several times, all with the same result: Can not detect satellite signal. At this point I have to reset the receiver to get satellite reception. This puts the receiver back to single tuner mode and a satellite test shows strong signal to both tuners. This makes no sense to me.

how many lines out of the dish
how many total inputs in the house (dvr = 2, regular receiver = 1)
are you selecting slimline 5 from the dish selection on the new software i think it's #5
are the cables run to the hd dvr straight shots to the multiswitch/ground source with no catv splitters or power passing splitters in between?

I have 2 cables running from the dish to the DVR and one cable running to the old receiver in the bedroom. I attempted setup with both settings (slimline 3 and slimline 5) with the same result. The receiver claims not to be able to find satellite signal. Upon reset, the receiver defaults to single tuner mode and finds the signal. A satellite test shows strong signal to both receivers (98% and 96%).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts