H20-100 HDMI output not working?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

scottishknight

Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
I had my H20-100 connected to my old HD TV by component video.

I recently purchased a Mitsubishi WD-65835 HD TV with HDMI inputs. When I connected the H20-100 to the TV, it acted like it is not getting any signal. I tried two brand new cables and neither worked. The HDMI cables are rated for 1.3a.

Component video to the new TV works fine.

How can I tell if I have bad cables, a bad HDMI output on the H20-100, or bad input on the new TV?

Thank you.

I had my H20-100 connected to my old HD TV by component video.

I recently purchased a Mitsubishi WD-65835 HD TV with HDMI inputs. When I connected the H20-100 to the TV, it acted like it is not getting any signal. I tried two brand new cables and neither worked. The HDMI cables are rated for 1.3a.

Component video to the new TV works fine.

How can I tell if I have bad cables, a bad HDMI output on the H20-100, or bad input on the new TV?

Thank you.
Do you have another device to substitute for the H20?

Try another piece of equipment like Raoul suggests. Also try other HDMI ports on the television if you haven't already. However, if it doesn't work on the other HDMI ports, I would suspect that the H20 is the problem and not the television.

I have an H20-100 and the HDMI port on it crapped out on me. I remember it happened during "Damages" and I almost had a heart attack.

no other HDMI

No, unfortunately I only have the H20 as a possible HDMI source, and the new TV as the only HDMI receiver. It makes it difficult to diagnose!

Nope

uhhh... have any high tech friends?

No, just you guys here! Most of my friends wouldn't know AV from Db!! :)

Since the TV is new, I have scheduled a service call on it. I'll let them tell me what isn't working. I'm sure if it ISN"T a TV problem, they'll point that out!!

I think the H20-100 has been recalled. Call D* and tell them that you have a H20-100 and you heard it had been recalled. They should send you another one in a few days.

I think the H20-100 has been recalled. Call D* and tell them that you have a H20-100 and you heard it had been recalled. They should send you another one in a few days.

I think it was the H20-600 that was "recalled".

Yep. It was the H20-600 that was recalled. At first they more or less "forced" the swap and I got caught up in that replacement even though my receiver was working fine. As I understand it now they're replacing them only if the customer is having trouble.

While I love Mitsubishi televisions the TV's Setup system is quite confusing & once using the 'custom setup' feature can actually disable the HDMI port (or any other port for that matter). I would enter your TV's setup & return it to factory default settings & go through all the setup guides including the "naming of each A/V port".

Yep. It was the H20-600 that was recalled. At first they more or less "forced" the swap and I got caught up in that replacement even though my receiver was working fine. As I understand it now they're replacing them only if the customer is having trouble.

Oops my bad. You are correct.

Status
Please reply by conversation.