~~~HR22 slooooow response from remote~~~

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pickle3808

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
I have an HR22. I've noticed lately (past 2 months or so) that sometimes it is VERY slow to respond to the remote. For example, if i hit the guide button, it will start to pop up, freeze, then after about 20 or 30 seconds the guide will finally populate. It's not just with the guide though. Sometime just hitting info will cause it to hang for a good 20 seconds or so. It doesn't do it all the time, but frequently enough to be a pain in the ass.

What causes this? Is there anything I can do about it or is it "just the way it is" with these 22s? It's always been kinda slow, and i know that's how they are, but it's gotten quite a bit worse of late. Short of upgrading to a HR24 or something, is there anything I can do with the box I have?

BTW I did a reset the other day - unplugged it for 30 secs and rebooted. No help.

These symptoms have come and gone for several years on various models in the HR2x line. You aren't being singled out and it probably isn't a sign that the DVR is on its way out.

There are many very long and comprehensive threads on the subject so the search function is probably going to be your friend.

As for quick fixes, if a couple of menu resets (followed by no additional resets for at least 24 hours) may offer temporary relief.

I have an HR22. I've noticed lately (past 2 months or so) that sometimes it is VERY slow to respond to the remote. For example, if i hit the guide button, it will start to pop up, freeze, then after about 20 or 30 seconds the guide will finally populate. It's not just with the guide though. Sometime just hitting info will cause it to hang for a good 20 seconds or so. It doesn't do it all the time, but frequently enough to be a pain in the ass.

What causes this? Is there anything I can do about it or is it "just the way it is" with these 22s? It's always been kinda slow, and i know that's how they are, but it's gotten quite a bit worse of late. Short of upgrading to a HR24 or something, is there anything I can do with the box I have?

BTW I did a reset the other day - unplugged it for 30 secs and rebooted. No help.

:welcome Welcome to Satellite Guys. Others can probably come up with better ideas,but is your remote connected to your HR22 by RF or IR? The reason I ask is because it has been my experience that RF can sometimes act flakey with the HR22,especially if the batteries are running low. Maybe first you can try changing the batteries. If that doesn't seem to work,then if you do have your remote set to RF,change it to IR & see how that goes.

On the "bright" side,if you don't mind the possibility of signing your life away for 2 more years,you can use this as an opportunity to upgrade to the Genie(preferably the HR44). Just call DTV & tell them your problem & that you are interested in upgrading,& hopefully they will help you out. Is the HR22 the only receiver you have with DTV?

Welcome to the HR22

Little trick that helps. DO two red button reboots After the unit is all back up and running goto channel 1. Wait 30 seconds then press red/red/blue/blue/yellow/green. This should help.

That's the reason i replaced the HR22 for the HR44, but also for more recording ability, and also for better MRV playback which it was a PITA with delays from the 22.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts