HR23-700

Status
Please reply by conversation.

piercy67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
my HR23-700 keeps freezing up. Anyone have any ideas why?

It could be several reasons. Have you tried a hard reboot?

piercy67 said:
both more when in guide or menu.

How's your signal strengths? Menu-Settings-Sat-signal-view

101 should be high 90's
99 103 should be mid low 90's

Have you tried forcing a download?

Red button reset- once it says "hello" - hit 02468

How full is your DVR? Try turning off Native mode, and Scrolling effects. Both should be in Settingsand Help, Settings, Display- then Video and Preferences.
Run a Diagnostic, see if you get codes 25 or similar.

If nothing improves the frequency of the freezing, call in and tell them your DVR is freezing constantly, they'll send you out a replacement.

It could be possible that these are the beginning signs of a fatal error, and I wouldn't be surprised if in a week or so you boot it up and it says "a fatal error has occurred call cust service to report diagnostic code 24, 25, or 14.
All of which require a replacement. Essentially it's a storage failure that affects the whole operation of the receiver.

Yeah call in, and tell them either it's frozen constantly, or that it's resetting itself constantly and they will replace it.

They will make you go through the troubleshooting steps, unless you describe in detail what you've tried.

Even if you tell the csr that you have done x, they will make you do x again. That's my experience anyway.

Sometimes they will make you do it again, but of you sound like you know what you are doing and use big words they will usually believe you :D

If you refuse troubleshooting, we would prob send a tech out and you will pay 49.95 for that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.