Now this is cool - iPad app Live Streaming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
This looks amazing... now only if they could get it so that you could watch live TV on your iPad outside your house.

This ability to stream was one thing I was missing from when I made the switch to D*. Glad to see this added and it works great!!!!

Sling app. ;)
With the way DISH Network has been screwing up watching your 922 or Sling Adapter on a 722 on DISHONLINE.COM the Sling App kind of worries me at the moment. Never had these issues with my old slingboxes and stand alone Sling players.

My slingbox went down a few weeks ago, but I hadnt noticed any problems with the working nature of it before it did.

Slingboxes work fine (for the most part) the issue is the built in Sling on the DISH 922 and the Sling Adapter for the 722. With those two devices you can only watch LIVE TV on your computer by going to the DISHONLINE.COM website (which does not work half the time.) You can not view them with a Stand Alone Player.

I really like what DIRECTV is doing here.

Just upgraded and now I can't use the app.I get a message saying directv doesn't support jail broken devices :(

I think they specifically won't do jailbroken devices, and I wouldn't expect that to change. Too much at stake keeping the content providers happy.

Streaming away from home is the next step, I imagine they will give some time and see how it plays out for Time Warner Cable. They have had quite ambit of legalmspats over streaming content. I imagine we will get there someday, where the majority of channels can be watched anywhere via stream.

All that said, I'll take things like HBO Go over streaming live tv only anyday. HBO Go is fantastic!

Just wanted to chime in on my experience here. First of all I don't have all the channels I get on my receiver, secondly for those who may think but ah I can just vpn into my house, that won't work I tried it, it says you are vpn'd in blah blah blah blah and it doesn't work. The streaming seems to work but gets blocky and choppy after a bit and then goes back to normal. Not my internet by the way I have fios 25/25 plan.

Like I posted over at the other site, now this APP finally has some value.

Before, it was just a fancy remote. I got hammered for criticizing what was a worthless APP, but it was true. The APP added nothing you could not already do with your remote or with the iPhone APP. Now it is finally worth its space on my iPad

Like I posted over at the other site, now this APP finally has some value.

Before, it was just a fancy remote. I got hammered for criticizing what was a worthless APP, but it was true. The APP added nothing you could not already do with your remote or with the iPhone APP. Now it is finally worth its space on my iPad

Agreed, however it is still nowhere near as good as the FIOS or the xfinity app.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)