Now this is cool - iPad app Live Streaming

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I noticed on Engadget HD on one of the comments they tell you how to fix the app so it works on jailbroken ipads.

Your welcome.

Also notice since it streams from the internet, maybe one day DirecTV will be able to stream VOD to non DVR's some day?

Who needs a hard drive for VOD? You don't on CABLE! Streaming VOD would be sweet.

Cool.

Got my legally downloaded APP to work on my legally Jailbroken device to stream my legally paid for DirecTV content within my legal home network

is this internet streaming or does it stream it from your network? would it work if you are connected to a network outside of your home? even so, i'd imagine it'd be slow if it is streaming from your hd dvr

Lkr said:
is this internet streaming or does it stream it from your network? would it work if you are connected to a network outside of your home? even so, i'd imagine it'd be slow if it is streaming from your hd dvr

Only works on your own network through Ethernet and your router. You are able to watch a live program on your tablet and a different program on your receiver/DVR. You can record a live program on your DVR, watch a separate live program on your TV, watch a third live program on your iPad through this APP, and a 4th recorded program on your PC through DireccTV2PC all at the same time from the same DVR

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

On gets HBOGo and/or MaxGo when they get those channels on Cable, why does DirecTV not offer access to those sites? Or do they?

Last edited:
Lkr said:
that's disappointing. I guess it's useful if you have kids that are hogging the TV or something though

It may eventually be able to be used outside your own network.

I am currently watch a show on my tablet while my wife is watching a separate show on the TV in the same room

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

There are many on the other site that actually believe that it is illegal to use this APP on a JB device

DodgerKing said:
There are many on the other site that actually believe that it is illegal to use this APP on a JB device

Are you surprised?

Only works on your own network through Ethernet and your router. You are able to watch a live program on your tablet and a different program on your receiver/DVR. You can record a live program on your DVR, watch a separate live program on your TV, watch a third live program on your iPad through this APP, and a 4th recorded program on your PC through DireccTV2PC all at the same time from the same DVR

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I wonder if it would work if you setup a VPN connection back to your home?

I wonder if it would work if you setup a VPN connection back to your home?
I don't know. I am sure someone may try it.

My iPad is WiFi only, so anything I do would have to be done on another WiFi connection. No different than what I can already do with my Vulkano APP

I don't know. I am sure someone may try it.

My iPad is WiFi only, so anything I do would have to be done on another WiFi connection. No different than what I can already do with my Vulkano APP

Correct but if you don't have a slingbox or vulkano it would be very useful.

Correct but if you don't have a slingbox or vulkano it would be very useful.
I find it more useful than a Slingbox within my house. With a Slingbox or Vulkano you have to watch the same program that is currently being watch on the TV. With this APP I can watch a totally different program than what is being watched on the same reciever/DVR.

I wonder how long it takes for someone to figure out how to stream the channels from anywhere...

That might be illegal, but then again maybe not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)