HR23 Slow boot up after lightning hit

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rta53

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 19, 2009
North Carolina
Maybe I'm overreacting to this, but here goes. A week ago we had a lightning strike that took out my DirecTV service, my Sharp HD tv, my DSL, and the ethernet port on my newest desktop pc. Everything is fixed except for my tv which is being evaluated to see if it is worth repairing. In the meantime I am using an old 36" JVC crt which still works fine. I suspected that my DTV issue was the LNB because I could still watch recorded programs on my HR23. Turns out the tech did have to replace the LNB and he was only at my house for around 30 minutes. He called me when he was finished and I questioned him about whether the DVR could have been damaged but he said it was fine. However when I turn on the tv and the DVR at the same time it takes probably 3 times as long before I get anything on the screen. I have used this same tv before with my HR23 and I don't remember having his issue. Once the dvr is booted up it seems fine although I don't have my flat screen to test it with. Could there be some damage that is reflected in the slow boot up?

I suppose there could be a problem with it. I would wait until you get your other television fixed or replaced and see how it works then. Don't mention the lightening to Directv if you call about the HR23 since they may not cover it under their policies. Just say it is dead.

Yea that's kind of what I was thinking. It's strange because the HR23 operation otherwise seems ok. Very little delay when using the guide and menus so I guess I shouldn't complain. I do have the protection plan so if it still does it with the flat screen I will probably let them know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)