HR23 won't power on, I can hear buzzing. fix or upgrade and to what?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rockstead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Earth
Few issues:

5 receiver setup, one of my HR23's won't power on but I can hear it buzzing, RBR doesn't help, power on power off neither. I'm in a moved location so I would be willing to try to repair this myself if it's a simple replacement of a common part, it's my main unit, I have so many shows on it. Anything else to troubleshoot? I don't mind opening this thing up.

Let's say that's not do able, maybe it's time I upgraded my receivers, is it worth it? Better interface, features, speed? And what should I go for.

In the past in my situation and to get the receivers I wanted, I ordered them directly from a reseller on on ebay.

Advice please.

If you attempt to repair the DVR, then you will be violating the TOS, if it is a leased device. Have you tried unplugging the unit, waiting a few minutes, and plugging it back in?
If you have done that, and the device will still not power on, then I would suggest calling for a replacement.
I had an HR23 in the past and it was ok. No real problems. Today, though, I would rather keep my Genie (HR44).

Few issues:

5 receiver setup, one of my HR23's won't power on but I can hear it buzzing, RBR doesn't help, power on power off neither. I'm in a moved location so I would be willing to try to repair this myself if it's a simple replacement of a common part, it's my main unit, I have so many shows on it. Anything else to troubleshoot? I don't mind opening this thing up.

Let's say that's not do able, maybe it's time I upgraded my receivers, is it worth it? Better interface, features, speed? And what should I go for.

In the past in my situation and to get the receivers I wanted, I ordered them directly from a reseller on on ebay.

Advice please.
I would upgrade if it were me, but thats Your call.
If your interested in a Genie, shoot for the HR44.

You CAN call it in and tell them it won't power on, they will send another HR23 out for you, but I don't know the "Moved" status your in.

Last edited:
Rockstead, do you have a swm setup? If not, then it's unlikely they will dropship a Genie to you since it requires a swm setup to work. They will want to sent a tech out to make sure everything is done correctly. You may need to contact a local independent contractor to do the work.

Rockstead, do you have a swm setup? If not, then it's unlikely they will dropship a Genie to you since it requires a swm setup to work. They will want to sent a tech out to make sure everything is done correctly. You may need to contact a local independent contractor to do the work.
Good point Chip,
I had a SWM set up already and they wouldn't drop ship one, thou they have in previous instances ... however, I had other issues to take into consideration.

It seems that they are loosening up the restrictions on drop shipments if you have a swm setup already. At one point they rarely did, but I have read several posts lately of it being done.

My HR23-700 went bad & they sent me HR24-200 as a replacement. Now if they do something like that to you,if you don't have a SWM set-up,you'll need 2 B-Band Converters for the HR24.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)