hr24-500 tv resolution

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lartomar2002

Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
kennedy space center
i have a directv hr24-500 connected through hdmi to a vizio 47"(sv472xvt) lcd tv. ineed an explanation of something before i can go further with my question. hr24-500 in system settings>tv resolutions i have 5 boxes of different resolutions, from top to bottom they are 480i,480p,720p,1080i, and 1080p. my tv is capable of all 5 settings therefore there is a little white square in the middle of each box. i have selected 1080i as my resolution and my native is off. when i check the resolution settings the 480i setting is highlighted with yellow(the little square has turned black. what does the yellow signify and shouldn't the 1080i be highlighted? i am really curious about the box and what the yellow highlight means. my vizio tells me that it is receiving a 1080i signal.
the other reason for starting this thread is i noticed that the resolution lights on the front of the hr24-500 where not working. that is when i checked the resolution settings and noticed what i mentioned before. i caled tech support and the agent told me to deselect a resolutions except the 1080i and that would be the only resolution that would be passed thru to the tv. i did that and that is when i also checked my tv to see what signal it was receiving and it said 1080i. however since i am curious by nature i checked the dvr resolution settings again and found that the settings had returned to all of the boxs being filled with the white squares and the 480i was highlighted with yellow. i know i did back out of the resolution settins and had selected done before so the settings should not have reverted back to those settings or is that what the hr24 does? i have the directv protection plan and the agent told me that the problem with the resolution light on the front of the dvr not working was just a cosmetic issue and because my tv said i was receiving 1080i that the dvr was working like it should that they would not replace the dvr. is that correct? also because the resolution settings revert back to all od the boxs being filled with the white square and that the 480i is yellow hightlighted is that not issue that would require them to replace the unit. maybe i am being picky but i just want wverything to work like it is suppose to, is that asking to much. i hope that whom ever reades trhis can understand what i am trying to describe. thanks

In the system settings menu where you select the resolutions is a "more Info" button. Select it and it will explain the resolution settings better. Select the resolutions your TV supports. The lights on the front of the receiver change when you press the format button on the remote and change the resolution settings. If you have native set to "on" the lights will also change showing the native resolution of the channel you are watching. It will slow down channel changing leaving native on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)